Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random crashes in 0.6.0

2»

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Odes. I was talking about my post from before where i was explaining about display driver crashing. And haven't tried, because setting it to fast will lower the overall quality not just tesselation and as such i cannot test wether it was indeed tesselation or not that way, it might be any settings that is integrated into unity's crappy base settings solution(really wish they'd do a more detailed launcher settings). However, within the in-game graphics options i disabled everything and it still crashed, just not as often.
  • edited 10:40PM
    Okay, time to give my two cents. I have been experiencing random driver crashes with my Nvidia gtx 960 (ASUS Strix OC). I'm not talking about just in game, but random, while watching a series, doing PhotoShop stuff, browsing the Nexus. So, totally random. I have an old first gen core i7, Asus P6T se mobo, 16GB Kingston Hyper X RAM. Don't know if there are some bad gfx drivers out and about too?
  • edited August 2016
    Drunk. Definitely not driver for me, as the only thing that causes it is this game, it never happens with other games not even in ark: survival evolved and that requires a nuclear rector to run. The problem that you have is 100% a faulty gpu if you have warranty send it back.
    DrunkDragon said: I have been experiencing random driver crashes with my Nvidia gtx 960 (ASUS Strix OC). I'm not talking about just in game, but random
    That definitely sounds like a hardware/driver issue. You might have to rollback to an older nvidia driver or see if there's anything strange going on with your card via MSI Afterburner or other GPU utility monitors like it.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 10:40PM
    Damn that was fast. Just got a reply back from Unity that this is fixed in their next release:
    https://gyazo.com/fd4595bca2d0823c07638cba944b8a23

Unity QA has gotten so good. Previously I could wait a month before even getting a reply. Now they both confirmed the bug, replied and fixed it in like 1 day.

Dark_Messiah said: And haven't tried, because setting it to fast will lower the overall quality not just tesselation and as such i cannot test wether it was indeed tesselation or not that way
    Well, true, but it might still be worth checking out if it completely stops the crashing or not.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 10:40PM
    Unity just released a patch which supposedly fixes the amd tessellation crash issue. I'll be building the next Yiffalicious release with this.

http://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases/5.4.0p1
    Hopefully it'll fix the freezing! Thx Odes!
    @Dark_Messiah @usicco Hmmm... That would definitely sound like my luck, if it is faulty hardware. Have had my fair share of hardware that broke on me way too early.
    But im trying something out, which is just a theory. Have disconnected my secondary screen to see if it changes anything. Have not had any real time to test it, since it is random, so it takes time just sitting there and waiting, but for now, I have not had any issues. Needs more testing.
    It no longer crashes, thanks odes, and the unity team! <3
    An update regarding my own experience: It would seem, that my setup is now stable with the second screen disconnected. Have not had any random driver crash in over 10+ hours of run time. Normally, I would have had at least one by now. Guess my system is just being old and stupid...