Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toe / finger placement

edited August 2016 in Suggestions
Would be nice if you could pose toes (so that it doesn't look like the character is always standing even when it is lying down) and fingers(grab onto things and stuff *wink*), would make animations look much more natural(amongst other uses).

Comments

• edited 9:33PM
    I completely agree with this statement.
  • Developers are planning to add finger poser at some point, however it's not the time for it to be implemented yet
    I think this had been on their roadmap for quite a while.
  • edited August 2016
    Yeah but the problem is, the longer they wait with it, the more work they'll have to do due to having more characters = more rigging to be done. Unless they want to use morphs, which is a stupid idea, especially since the feet is, and in some cases in the future most likely the hands will also have different digit numbers / forms. They should just do what they did with the limbs until now and make them posable separately.
    Dark_Messiah said: Unless they want to use morphs, which is a stupid idea
    Sometimes the easiest solution is the best one B)
    I aggree, and in this case the easiest solution is to make them posable. If they make morphs, they'll have to do dozens of them for each model.
    Dark_Messiah said: If they make morphs, they'll have to do dozens of them for each model.
    They'd only need to have a "flex up" and "flex down"  for each toe as far as I can tell... If you're just referring to a simple sole-bend bone per foot, then yeah, I'd agree that's the easiest way to do it.

Are you talking about adding a bone for each individual toe?
  • edited August 2016
    aye, but not just the toes but also the fingers, since its easier than to create a separate morph for every finger since every finger would need 3 bend morphs / finger thats over 30 morphs, i aggree that it wouldn't be much of a difference for the toes, but for fingers, adding posable rigging is the easiest solution.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:33PM
    All fingers are actually already rigged. Toes however are not. Other than that it's simply just a matter of implementation and priority.
    Do you have plans for toes? Because it looks unnatural on digitigrade characters when they're in standing position even when the character is lying down or in the air even a single bone that controls the whole thing would be enough also when a plantigrade character is crouching it looks weird. Also... why only 1 hour for editing posts? :D
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:33PM
    Dark_Messiah said: Do you have plans for toes?
    Maybe. No promises.

Dark_Messiah said: Also... why only 1 hour for editing posts?
    Wasn't aware there was such a limitation.
    Btw out of curiosity do you have a date for when the fingers will be implemented yet?
    With the addition of Dragoness, the ability to clench hands and feets will be even more nice. Was trying to pose a minor rape scene today, where the fox is assaulted by, Bunny, Elaine the Deer and of course, Dragoness. Wanted to have her clawed hands around his neck, but her hands was clipping into his body all over the place. Or, well... Maybe not all over the place, but in the neck and shoulders.