Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Road map: Surprise

Have any of you seen the road map? A surprise for the ne

Comments

• edited 9:58AM
    Bugger... Hit the wrong button... Oh well, as I said... A surprise for the next release? Let the guessing begin!!!
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 9:58AM
    my only guess seems too big a feature to release without way more fanfare
  • odesodes Administrator
    In retrospect, I kinda regret adding that item, because some might imagine something completely different than what we're doing, and then just get disappointed.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    if it's not related to undocumented stuff that was added in 0.6.1 my guess is completely off base. still excited for a surprise though! whatever it may be.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited January 2017
    jei3 said: related to undocumented stuff that was added in 0.6.1
    This makes me curious. What undocumented stuff are you referring to?
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited October 2016
    -- edit, don't want to spoil anything...
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited January 2017
    @jei3 ;
    Got your PM. That's not what we're doing. :)
    I have no idea what it might be, but I highly doubt that I will be disappointed :)
    Oh, one thing I can think of, which has been talked about a lot, is the possibility to move the fingers. Still waiting for that feature.
    I bet it's that sheep girl.  Oh god please be that sheep girl.
    Oral sex, clothing, or maybe futas? That would be interesting :blush: 
    My guess is it's either a third party character or a feature that was put on ice that they've been working on in secret. 
    @lovalicious ;
    I hope to god it's the sheep girl too. Too damn cute>v< I hope she gets good expressions.
    I think I've seen some of dogsons sheep prototypes long before they revealed her to us, so there's a good chance we'll get her in the next cycle.
    @dn19 I only say it's the sheep girl because, whereas the dog and cow have their own categories on the roadmap, the sheep girl has nothing, yet the creators have voiced their interests in making her a character.
    @dn19 @lovalicious I can't remember if I have seen the screenshots or not. Whenever I search my memory, it's the sheep from Zootopia that keeps popping up. Can anyone post a link, so I can set my memory right?
    @DrunkDragon they only had a bust of her last they mentioned her, but: https://gyazo.com/4f3e88ae74c6478dfb15f8c77fc6e455
    Is it me, or have the developers been quiet for quite a while?
    @lovalicious Thanks for the link. Yeah, they have been quite quiet. Either someone have guessed it or they are hard at work, getting the next release ready.
  • odesodes Administrator
    I dislike showing off things before I feel they're ready or at least close to becoming ready. Right now we're in somewhat of a phase where several things need become finished before we get a result. Furthermore, we're evolving our workflow to adapt to the things we're working on, and we haven't quite figured it out yet. It's a bumpy road, but we're getting there. Sharing this process isn't that exciting, but most of all we just want to have something to show first.

I realize we've been a bit quiet lately, but rest assured things are happening, and soon we will have something to show that I think a lot of you will be excited about. Especially since this is becoming a part of our development process and will affect many future characters.
    Yeah, most software development is as exciting as watching paint dry. 
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    odes said: becoming a part of our development process and will affect many future characters
    ooh.. now i'm super excited! (seriously, not sarcastic)
    @odes I thoroughly enjoy following the process every step of the way. Even if it is just thoughts, concepts or early development. As a certified QA tester, having seen early development gives me insight into a lot of things.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    ^ same here. i find i appreciate the end product more when i've seen what's gone into it.

and from a QA perspective, while a developer might hate this, having insight into how the product was conceptualized and developed makes it easier to find potential bugs.
    I cannot code, except for some batch and cmd scripts, but I can read code and understand what the intended function is. This applies to several languages. Thus, understanding the intended function, it is easier to find any hidden bugs. As always, going for the 100% fault free is neigh to impossible, but you can have 100% branch coverage.
    worsel said: most software development is as exciting as watching paint dry. 
    I disagree. You just don't like it. I have seen coders streaming coding in game jams, and I enjoy it a lot.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator

Horsie said: I have seen coders streaming coding in game jams, and I enjoy it a lot.

if you don't have some level of understanding of coding i suppose it could be boring, but I find it to be much like watching someone paint or compose music. i enjoyed the few times i got to watch odes stream, seeing languages i've been using for years used in new ways is definitely enjoyable to watch.

Actually I am a coder, been one for a good many years.   Code, compile, test and debug, regress, repeat.  Worked in teams and solo.  I guess I'm a bit jaded.  I find that over 3/4 of the code I write is boiler plate or 'defensive' code needed to keep the app running correctly when abused.  

But ...

Back to the surprise, based on the  '...we are also blending normal maps, vertex normals, bones and skinning data. '  I think I have an idea of what the surprise may be.  It's something that's been suggested in a thread or two but not on the road map (that I have seen)
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited October 2016
    worsel said: Back to the surprise, based on the  '...we are also blending normal maps, vertex normals, bones and skinning data. '  I think I have an idea of what the surprise may be.  It's something that's been suggested in a thread or two but not on the road map (that I have seen)

i THINK i know what you're getting at...
    No matter what it is, I really hope it is ready for Friday evening/ early Saturday. Going to have some time to myself for the first time in a while.
    I've been thinking: what if the surprise is the elf girl? Because with this cycle being around "fantasy" it'd make sense to release an elf character.
  • odesodes Administrator
    DrunkDragon said: No matter what it is, I really hope it is ready for Friday evening/ early Saturday. Going to have some time to myself for the first time in a while.
    There won't be a new build out this week. We're aiming for the end of next week.