Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two Mechanics I just don't get the hang of: The phase regulator and the driver regulators

Hi,

I've been struggling with these two mechanics for a while now. Whenever I'd like to create an "insert" snapshot, I would have to adjust the duration of the previous snapshot to a percise second so that the Penis is in the right "phase" (in that case, all out). 

How exactly does the phase regulator in the thrusting tab work? No matter how I would adjust it, yet even if I were to set the speed to zero and adjust the phase with the depth and distance regulator, it still completely depends on where the penis was in the previous snapshot. It's so aggrevating that I have to change the duration of the previous snapshot so often while I have to watch the whole interaction over and over again until it's right.

The driver regulators in the expression tab, I see barely a difference when I set any regulator to the right. 
Is this just a matter of the dragoness? I've noticed that some regulators are just three or four single ones in one. Do I have to set these collective regulators to zero in order to see a difference in the driver of a single regulator?

Comments

• jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 12:36AM
    Expression Drivers: control how much of the expression is controlled by the thruster penetration. You have to have some level of an expression for this to do anything.

For example, if you want to set the gaping mouth expression on penetration, set the level of openness you want, then how much you want the thrusting to control this:

• jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Phase: controls the starting position of the insertion:

This isn't really obvious unless you have other thrusting going on to compare the phase to. For example, i adjusted the phase on the fox so he and the wolf weren't penetrating the cat at the same time:

• edited January 2017
    To help out a little with the driver explanation, basically what the slider does is this:

At zero, all expression changes are determined by the depth of penetration, meaning the further it is the more pronounced the expression (relative to the expression sliders).
    At 100%, all expression changes are dictated by the animation point- meaning penetration has nothing to do with it, and the expression will change based on how far away from the base point the animation is. Useful for up/down grinding with no penetration change as well as some other things.

With the 'insert' snapshot you're trying to create, I find its better to not use the phase at all. You might not get sound with it, but simply setting speed to 0 and distance to 0 (or gradually lessen it for slower penetration) achieves the effect. What you could try that I haven't (and I might try that now) is setting speed to 0 and phase to 50 if the cock is going in cold (meaning previously motionless).

Good luck!
  • Thanks for the help so far. What I did wrong with the drivers is that I never adjusted the respective expression as well. Now I got that.

About the phase regulator... still the same issue. Unless you would use it in the very first snapshot it's practically useless, because the phase at the start of each snapshot always depends on the phase of the snapshot before. Guess I still have to go for trial and error with the durations. ._____.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited January 2017
    The purpose of the "Phase" slider it to control the timing of different penetrators when attached to the same penetratee. If you want a certain depth or distance of the penetrator, you should use the "Depth" and "Distance" sliders.

• edited 12:36AM
    Phase can be used to preview what happens, position wise, to the bodies.
    Thus preventing surprises like weird angling of arms/legs