Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poor Man's VR support?

Obviously something that would take an effort, but would it be possible to have a VR mode that has a split screen stereoscopic view for people who can only afford google cardboard/ Samsung gear VR (streaming from pc to phone)? Kinda like Crysis 3's 3d option in the settings menu. ik there's higher priority things, but i feel like that would be cool for people who can't exactly afford a full vr headset like me :3

Comments

• jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 10:11AM
    I was able to get this to work on Google Cardboard using RiftCat and adding Yiffalicious as a Steam game so it used SteamVR. You'll definitely want to do it over USB, but even then the frame rate isn't all that great.
  • edited 10:11AM
    SBS 3D would be cool also for those playing in a 3D TV. Maybe this is already implemented in the engine as SBS is one of the standards of 3D on TVs...
    I tried out riftcat+steamVR+google cardboard and it works really well except for the camera controls which can be a bit of a struggle. Tracking is functional though, so once you have your view/pov in the right position it works great and the framerate is actually very good as long as you keep your character interactions down to 2-3 characters (I'm using a samsung s5 over USB with a gtx 980 for reference). I think if the centering mechanic and camera controls were re-worked it could be a great entry-level alternative for those of us who haven't fully invested in VR yet.
    Hello!

I've tried to get yiffalicious (0.5.x) to run on my samsung gear vr. Sadly, no luck so far. I added it to my steam vr library, then started steam vr from riftcat. The game launches just fine but i can't get it to output the game render on my gearvr. I'm stuck in the steamvr 'greyroom'

Any help much appriciated :3
    Update: It worked just fine with the latest WIP version :3
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 10:11AM
    Happy to hear that Skaz! :)
    I think They will be supporting all vr devices,when comes tophones it  just  might take a bitl longer