Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Help] How do I create skins?

2»

Comments

• jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 1:44PM
    my undyne skin (still wip) has yellow teeth, what i did was:
    * paint the teeth in yellow, this made a huge mess around the mouth
    * added a black mask to the teeth layer
    * used the polygon fill to make only the polygons for the teeth white

• edited 1:44PM
    Ah yeah! The Polygon Fill tool! Nice man thanks! Did not know it was a thing.
  • edited March 2017
    Actually no, I done did placed her teeth colour and it still comes off as discoloured on the app, I even added a dot on somewhere obvious to see if it is the latest skin if I have not made any mistakes. but nope. Looks white in substance painter, but not the same in the app.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    What do you mean by discolored? Could you share or pm you current texture?
    What am I missing here to make this work? I didn't do much with the skin, just still trying to figure out how to successfully get the skin into the manager x3

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Wolf+try.7z

• jei3jei3 Moderator
    the link doesn't work, but judging just by the filename, it has to be a ZIP file, 7z won't work.
    Has the Ilinir teeth situation been sorted yet? Cus it is still there. Aaaand I wanna upload this damn skin thats been sitting in my computer in non brown teeth condition.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    @SpazzleHusky to work with the skin manager the body parts need to be in separate ZIP files, and you need to include the name of the mesh, i posted an example for the horse back here

there's a list of the skins on the wiki

for the wolf, the mesh names are:

• Body\WolfBody
    • Eyes\WolfEye1
    • Penis\WolfPenis

your zip file is also missing the skinicon.png and skininfo.txt files

and i would recommend naming it something more specific to the skin to avoid the possibility of running into another skin named the same and to tell the end user what the skin is.

Is it possible for someone to explain to me how I can edit the textures in Blender? I've been trying to make sense of the tutorial from the wiki but my brain is too small to understand how to apply that to the Yiffalicious characters.
    As a skinmaker I'm really glad with the options we've got to create our own skins. But there are still some flaws and missing textures here and there.

For instance there is the eye issue with the Horse and Bunny where ony one eye gets colored or gets colored slightly.

Also there are still some textures missing like the hair for Maya and the tail hair for Khana.

Will these issues be fixed with the next update? As I said I'm really happy with the skinning so far. But these issues somewhat limit the things we can make atm.

• I'm having a problem getting skins in at all, and I think it's to do with my %appdata% folder.  I've seen people say when you instance a mesh in-game the texture folders will appear in %appdata%, but mine don't. I tried manually adding skins and it didn't work, then I tried downloading the Skin Manager and adding skins through there.  It *seemed* to work, because it loaded into the Skin Manager all fine and dumped the skins in my %appdata% folder, but in game they just won't show.  Tried pressing F5, reloading as admin, just nothing.
    Has anyone else had this problem? I would really love to make a skin but I don't want to spend the time texturing if I can't even get it in.
  • odesodes Administrator
    @Cronewt
    Folders should appear in %appdata%\Yiffalicious\custom\textures, not %appdata%.
  • @odes Sorry if I wasn't clear, yes I was looking there but there is still nothing. Textures appear there as the skin manager puts them there but nothing is there from the game itself.
  • I've been working on a new skin and it looks good in Substance Painter but when I plug it in the hair color is all messed up.

screenshot_1518890117.png

It's puke green!!! Also, the eyes are kind of semi transparent and the original skin is bleeding through. It's just me playing around and making my own skins, so if one of you artist who knows what their doing can help me that would be great.
  • I don't know how it is for Bunny, but I do know that some of the colours are effects applied in game.
    A lot of the hairs in particular seem to have lighting or some other colour applied to it in some kind of blend. 
    Definitely can be super frustrating. I've given up on making skins of some body parts because of this.
  • Where i can find meshes for Substance Painter?
  • FOX SHAFT SKIN NOW COMPATIBLE WITH SKIN MANAGER!
    Credits to this guy who made a skin with this solution, thx to him i could make a .zip file that will help people that uses or works with fox femboy penis skins to work fine with the skin manager, just download it and follow the steps inside every file the .zip has
  • hey , anyone of you have any idea how to use blender to create skins ?
  • Hi i need the structure of a .zip file to go on skinning and get it work ingame.
    This site is empty:
    "to work with the skin manager you need to zip the files up in a specific" format: http://wiki.yiffalicious.com/index.php/Jei3's_SkinManager_Skin_Format

And what about this file:
    "your zip file is also missing the skinicon.png and skininfo.txt files"
    for what is that .txt ? How to get this txt file and what should be inside the TXT to work fine ?!?
  • Hi i need the structure of a .zip file to go on skinning and get it work ingame.
    This site is empty:
    "to work with the skin manager you need to zip the files up in a specific" format: http://wiki.yiffalicious.com/index.php/Jei3's_SkinManager_Skin_Format

And what about this file:
    "your zip file is also missing the skinicon.png and skininfo.txt files"
    for what is that .txt ? How to get this txt file and what should be inside the TXT to work fine ?!?
  • Hi, I am having trouble figuring this out. I have followed all of the instructions to the best I can understand but I can not get the custom skins to work in game. I tried using the Skin Manager but it does not except any of the zip files.
  • To put it simply, Live skin dropper makes a very specific skin zip file while the Skin manager reads that specific skin zip file and puts it to the game.
    So if the desired skin does not show with the Skin manager, the skin zip folder is wrong or there is something wrong with the zip file itself.
    You can fix this by opening the skin file, locating the skin .png, and adding it to the Live skin dropper. In the dropper, choose the character to who the skin belongs, the part of the skin (Body, Eyes, Hair, Horns, Penis, etc), and drop the .png inside the box. Now just click save skin and fill in the information and you are done!
    Before you exit remember to clear the .png so it can be changed from Skin manager. Now you can view the working skin zip file in Skin manager as long as your skin zip folder is set right.

I hope this helps!