Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs, a little public news please?!

We know you are hard at work, which we are greatful for, but a bit of public news would be very much appriciated :)

Comments

• edited 9:09AM

WE'RE LIVE AT THE SCENE
    @Korbaut Lol! That's epic :D
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:09AM
    @Korbaut ;
    lol, pretty much. Most of our time as of late has gone into YL2.
    The latest patreon post showed some of the progress we've made and how the app has changed direction slightly from what we originally intended. We now have a working timeline and keyframe system where you can animate things freely. We've also begun working on a character editor - something we had originally thought of implementing later on but which now will be part of YL2 from the start. We're also experimenting a bit with the style/look of it and are taking inspiration from Overwatch and Zootopia.
    @odes Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with :)
    Is the first Yiffalicious still going to be supported after the second one comes out?
    Will animations and things be able to be ported over or anything like that?
    After spending a good month or two in the free version, (which is pretty amazing, and literally the only thing i've been using my rift for latley)  I was considering plopping down some money for the newest version, and trying my hand at animating some things.  I had no idea the direction of the game had shifted/changed over into something different.
    It'd be a little disheartening spending so many hours on making something, only to have it lost in the ether when the new version comes out.
    razrien said: Is the first Yiffalicious still going to be supported after the second one comes out?
    It will be supported, but it won't have more updates.

razrien said: Will animations and things be able to be ported over or anything like that?
    No. YL2 is a new game from scratch, and it won't work the same as YL1, nor will have the same characters, and even if they create YL2 renditions of YL1 characters, they will work on the new rigging and animating system, so making an importer from YL1 it would be extremely difficult and the results would be pretty bad.

razrien said: the newest version
    If you start being a patron now, you'll get immediate access to the lastest YL1 version, but from here the updates will be very slow until they're ready to release the first version of YL2. It may not be worth it because I don't think the public version from the lastest YL1 is too far off now, but it depends of how much you like the project and if you want to help keeping the developers funded (the patreon is their main source of income).
    razrien said: have it lost in the ether when the new version comes out.
    I'm fairly sure that they wont shut down the servers of YL1. And even if they shut it down, all your creations will keep working offline.
    odes said: We're also experimenting a bit with the style/look of it and are taking inspiration from Overwatch and Zootopia.
    But... but... I like the style you guys set for YL1. Does that mean the characters will become more cartoonish?
    @nathan I was a little thrown off by this as well. Not sure if he means by UI or actual character design. It wouldn't be game breaking for me if they chose to go for a more "Cartoonish" character look, but I'd prefer the more human like style they already got going in YL1. 
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:09AM
    @razrien ;
    Horise summed up things quite nicely.

@nathan
    It's mostly a shader/lighting/color thing. The shapes of the characters will be similar to what we've already made. Perhaps slightly more cartoony, but they'll definitely feel like they belong in a Yiffalicious game.
    @odes Please, just don't change Charlotte too much. I love her the way she is :)