Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FenrirWolfe Suggestions

I will post all my suggestions which aren't connected to other people's suggestions here. I wouldn't generally start my own thread but the seem to always come in bundles with every major release.

[using version 0.2.3]
-make walls invisible when viewed from the exterior on the Locker Room map
Those white walls are sometimes making posing very difficult. It would be nice if we could pose the characters and see what they're doing without having to be in the same room. We can do so on the Spa map. Why not here?

-improve the transition betwen maps
Whenever I change maps, Yiffalicious forgets that I was looking for poses within certain rules (order, tags, number of the page I was on). Is it possible to make the program remember those rules even after changing maps? If not, could you add some warning before changing maps? Just adding "Map name" to the information that appears when you hover over an interaction on the "Select pose" menu would do. It's occasionally difficult to tell which map it is from the snapshot.

-add a slider to close the eyes of the rhino
You'll probaly add this by yourself eventually.

-add a "tag list" menu
Something like e621 has (https://e621.net/tag) but maybe way less complex. Just an alphabetical list with numbers will help immensely - especially as the number of people using Yiffalicious and adding poses rises.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:31AM
    Good suggestions. I've added the transition to our todo. Rhino will be updated with more expressions too. Locker room might receive this see-through treatment but I'm not promising anything.

When you say tag list, what exactly do you mean? You want to browse tags? Is this when browsing interactions or when publishing one?
  • edited August 2015
    Nice, thank you. ^-^

Yes, I want to browse tags because I generally don't know how people tag what. Occasionally, I stumble upon something I've been searching for but couldn't find because I've been searching under the wrong tag. It would actually be both because if you can see which tags are being used then you can adjust your own tags accordingly.

EDIT: You even added the WASD controls? I almost added the suggestion here too but I've changed my mind because I thought it was impossible. I even almost removed it from u18chan. I'm glad I didn't.
  • DogsonDogson Administrator
    I guess I should make myself useful and start to interact on the forum here. 

I like your contributions here, FenrirWolfe. Don't be shy in sharing more if it if you got it on stock!

About those WASD controls. I like them, mostly because I've had a  rather similar thought the last couple of days of an implementation that will allow users to go in to a first person mode, enabling them to walk around in the levels looking at the environment and the characters going away at each other. 

Would that be a feasible idea? I won't hijack this thread, just throw it in here, I'll post them in my own thread. 

But just to let you know, we always appreciate engaged fans :)
  • edited 9:31AM
    Woah. Wow, I'm amazed - the great Dogson in "my" thread and you even like my contributions. I'm honestly honored. I thought you hated all social media including this one. I'm glad that I was wrong even if just to a degree.

What I had in mind is more of a flying camera which allows going through walls and isn't bound to the "height" of a person to make editing easier. A first person mode would work quite well, though, and if you want to implement it then sure. An anonymous person over at u-18chan even suggested connecting it to a VR headset. I wouldn't go that far quite yet - especially because consumer-grade VR headsets will only reach the market in 2016 and they will cost money which will most likely need to come from Patreon funding... but what do I know? I'm sure Yiffalicious is going to explode in popularity and quite soon at that.

Nice. ^-^ I was actually starting to feel more like a nuisance. The roadmap already has a looot of ideas. However, if you like engaged fans then I shall engage as much as my creativity and time allows me to.
  • DogsonDogson Administrator
    Well I realized that I probably needed to step in and take of some workload from Odes. Besides it's my project too now, so there's solidarity that needs to be played in as well. 

We hope that more will find their way to the forums with suggestions, but for now if you have the energy you're welcome to give suggestions and questions too us. 
  • odesodes Administrator
    For physics, yes... *cough*

It's not hard to do that in itself. The problem is integrating it with the rest of the tech and have it run at acceptable frames. Right now the dynamic orifice solution is quite heavy, and this would cause even more stress on the CPU. But we think we can solve it still. A lot of tasks before we get to this one though.
    Im rather curious on how you guys are implementing it in general, to be honest. Are you guys raycasting from the different sides of the penis/orifice or are you using some sort of bone setup within the mesh and some collides, or a combination of both?
  • odesodes Administrator
    That remains a mystery. ;)

I suppose what you suggest would work too.
    I was referring to the ass/vagina penetration. Not necessarily the hand grasping.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Me too.
    Alright, I have three more.

1: Right now, if you have a snapshot selected it will discard all changes you've made after you click the "Play" button. It would be nice if whenever we have an active snapshot and we changed something it would switch to something I'd call a "dynamic snapshot". This way it won't change the original snapshot and it will keep the progress we've made. That would be useful for everything which contains more than 1 snapshot.

2: It would be somewhat useful to be able to move an anchor along 2 axes. Right now we have a choice between changing 1 axis (the arrows) or 3 axes (the anchor itself). I'm not sure how to achieve this, though. Adding more arrows would probably end up being too clunky.

3: Add an option to hide the hair... I have a feeling that is too difficult right now. It's more of a suggestion for the potential character editor which isn't happening any time soon, as far as I can tell... not that I'm complaining. Whatever you're doing right now is surely better than that.

Those suggestions feel quite weak. Sorry about that. I think better suggestions will come to mind when the next release happens. I'm looking forward to it. ^-^
    so I thought I could just give me 2 cents on point number 2. I've previously messed around with things like Source Filmmaker and Garry's mod, now I can't remember which it was that had the system I'm about to describe. but basically it had, for each joint, the central anchor point of the joint, by which the movement would be three-dimensional. Then you had three color-coded arrows, one for each of the three plains of movement. Lastly you had, in between the arrows, dual-colored ring, which would move the joints in two dimension, the two colors of the ring co-responding to the colors of the two arrows it affects.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited August 2015
    @FenrirWolfe,

1. I feel many are misunderstanding how snapshots work. I will make a video and tutorial how to use them. There is no such thing as an "active" snapshot. There's just properties (and their values), and snapshots of these containing values. If you want to update an existing snapshot, you have to right click it and select "Reset to current" or go into the snapshot and click the button "Reset to current".

2. You know you can switch space too, right? Press X to toggle between local and global space. This might help.

3. This could actually be achieved quite easily using the skin system. I'll add a task for that.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah, that could be done. I'll add it to our todo list.
    1. I do understand what snapshots are. I must have expressed myself the wrong way. Sorry about that. As much as I'm trying for it to be, english is still not my native language. It's just that I've lost all of the changed properties way too many times because I forgot to "Reset to current" before clicking the "Play" button. I like to see how they work before I save them. Also, saving after every change feels very inefficient. The whole point of the suggestion was to remove that need as well as removing the loss of the original values it's connected to.

2. Aye, that I do. I explore every button and slider my eyes can see and my mouse can interact with whenever I get any software (including updates). I always switch to local space whenever I want to rotate the hands into position. It works like a charm. It doesn't quite cut it for moving (instead of rotating) things, though. That's where the other axes would come in - at least within the global space. Dethkruzer seems to have figured the best way and you've added that to the to-do list. Nice. :)

No need to thank me/us. Thank you instead for considering our suggestions. As mentioned before, it's nice to see developers communicating with their fans.
    Another idea came to mind today (well.. "yesterday" since it's past midnight).

I've run through every Suggestions thread just in case and I've seen plenty people asking for "switchable genitals" but no-one has suggested this: an erection/arousal slider. Would such a thing be doable? I think it shouldn't be too much of a problem seeing that both male characters have sheaths. However, as I've mentioned before, I have no skill in Unity programming and thus don't really know if it's even possible. It would be a very nice feature for non-sexual poses as well as pin-ups, though.
  • odesodes Administrator
    @FenrirWolfe,
    Hm, anything is possible. It's just a matter of spending time to actually implement it. A question though - would you like the penis to appear from the sheath, or would you like it to dangle and become erect/stiff? Perhaps a hybrid solution?
    I think it should be inspired by reality. The current character's penises would dangle and become erect/stiff. The potential upcoming canine character's penis would appear from the sheath because of the baculum (penis bone). I would be happy with either solution for any character, though. However, if you want to rely on the public's opinion then I suggest another poll.

I do think the "dangle mechanic" would be more difficult to implement, though.
    Yea, I would love to see some sort of arousal mechanic. Dong jiggle physics and sheathing/unsheathing penises would be a pretty neat addition eventually.
    Those physics should be extremely easy to implement, especially with this package. It can be used for all jiggling body parts as long as they don't "branch". Only downside is no collisions with regular physics-shapes in the scene. But that makes it much faster. If you want scene-collisions, you will probably have to set up PhysX-actors and joints yourself and very carefully tune the parameters.
    I wouldn't even mind having it without the physics. I would be fine with an arousal slider.
    @jimbo
    Flaccid penises wouldn't really be flaccid if the physics didn't apply. I think some physics should apply and those are in Yiffalicious already - the balls seem to react to gravity and momentum.
    @FenrirWolfe
    Technically, yea, but I'm just saying I wouldn't mind if it was just a rigid model to represent varying states of arousal.
  • edited August 2015
    I would. However, it doesn't matter. It's not getting implemented any time soon and Yiffalicious already has a physics system for things like these so it's not a problem to be concerned by. Besides, better things are coming quite soon. ^-
    Alright, you made another huge update so here are some more suggestions.

WASD MODE
    It's missing a way to move up/down - on the vertical plane. Skyrim's tfc (toggle free camera) mode uses the spacebar to move up and the ctrl button to move down. That would be really helpful here. I don't know if it should be relative to the "player" or the world, though. Perhaps both?
    It could also use some way to increase/lower the speed it moves at. The current speed is very nice for moving around the map as a whole. However, it is a bit too fast for manipulating scenes and way too fast if you're trying to fine-tune something. A slider and/or a key-binding would work best for this.

CHARACTER MANIPULATION
    Many people seem to be struggling with the alignment of characters. Is it possible to align 1 existing character to another so that they're in line, perpendicular or side-to-side - relatively to each other? That would be especially useful when making interactions where characters aren't connected but are still interacting with each other - specifically the non-sexual ones and the "out-of-bounds" kind (blowjobs, fisting, etc.). It could also be used as some sort of an "extension" of the original character to fine-tune its alignment (e.g. when it's sitting on a long sofa).

ELAINE
    In the Expressions menu. There is a "SmileTheet" slider. A nitpick but it should say "SmileTeeth". It's actually quite funny, though, so feel free to leave it in there... but that might just be because my non-native English accent tends to overdo the "th" sound.
    Now, let's turn this around a little for a bit: I'll ask for suggestions! :D There is a "Wave weight" (+ a "Wave driver" - if another character is connected to her) slider in her Expressions menu which seems to flex her glutes. Where should I use this feature? I've only thought of one such interaction - a sort of a squat-cowgirl position (and the reverse version which I don't count). Or is there some other purpose? ... This was originally meant to be me suggesting to call it "GlutesFlex" instead but I'm sure you have some reasons to call it what it is now. I can't figure it out, though. It doesn't seem to interact with the "Ass wave" function.
    Well, I've another question. Her eyes are gorgeous but somehow something seems... "off". I can't explain why but they creep me out. I think it's the shape - maybe it's unnatural or something. Could you, please, look at that? Or is it just me? It's really strange because I love pretty much all eyes. There is something magical about them. These, however, freak me out almost as much as they intrigue, "empower" and enlighten me (separately, of course).

WAVE WEIGHT 2
    I'm actually a huge fan of deep squats. "Ass to the grass"/"Squat deep or go home" - as they say. I would love to see the "Wave weight" and "Wave driver" sliders on the other characters for the deep squat cowgirl/cowboy positions... and the other uses I don't know of as of yet.

I'm semi-sure I'll come up with more before v0.4.x but that's it from me for now. I hope that those are/will be of at least some use to you.
  • odesodes Administrator
    FenrirWolfe said: It's missing a way to move up/down - on the vertical plane. Skyrim's tfc (toggle free camera) mode uses the spacebar to move up and the ctrl button to move down. That would be really helpful here. I don't know if it should be relative to the "player" or the world, though. Perhaps both?

Q and E
    FenrirWolfe said: It could also use some way to increase/lower the speed it moves at. The current speed is very nice for moving around the map as a whole. However, it is a bit too fast for manipulating scenes and way too fast if you're trying to fine-tune something. A slider and/or a key-binding would work best for this.

Mouse wheel, Shift.

FenrirWolfe said: CHARACTER MANIPULATION

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting exactly. How are the tools for attaching, moving and rotating insufficient? What tool would you like added, and how would it operate?

FenrirWolfe said: SmileTeeth

Oops, we'll fix that.

FenrirWolfe said: Where should I use this feature?

Residue from ass wave implementation. We'll remove it.

FenrirWolfe said: Could you, please, look at that?

I'll ask dogson to have a look at it.

FenrirWolfe said: WAVE WEIGHT 2

Yeah, maybe we should add flex weights too. The ass one was sort of unintentional.
  • edited September 2015

odes said: Q and E

odes said: Mouse wheel, Shift.

How have I missed those? I got the shift one but.. *sighs* Sorry. On the other hand, maybe you could add those as a hint that pops up when someone enters the WASD mode for the first time? The shift (sprint/run) one is easy to figure out but the up and down movements are usually done through the spacebar (jump) and the ctrl button (crouch/lie down).
    odes said: How are the tools for attaching, moving and rotating insufficient? What tool would you like added, and how would it operate?

They are sufficient but they require the author of the interaction/pose to just "eye" if characters are aligned properly. But you want precisely a tool... Hmm. I'm sure you can come up with a better way but the way I can think of it is this: You click an "Equalize" button on the left-side menu, select a rotational axis on the base anchor (the waist) of one character, click the base anchor of another character and then the two rotational axes will be rotated at the same angle. The first axis chosen will change the second axis.
    odes said: I'll ask dogson to have a look at it.

Thank you. It might just be me, though - as I said. Outside of that, I really like the model a lot. I would even dare say that it's the best female model currently in the game. He has clearly improved a lot.
    odes said: The ass one was sort of unintentional.

Well, it works. Just slap a different name on it and done. ^-^
    The Ass wave is somewhat difficult to set up to work like the simple "Wave height" slider. It also requires another character - unlike the "Wave height" slider as well as the real glutes (which can be flexed at any given time if the person knows where they are). But if you want to make an even better version then sure. I don't think anyone would be complaining if you wanted to do that.
  • odesodes Administrator
    FenrirWolfe said: On the other hand, maybe you could add those as a hint that pops up when someone enters the WASD mode for the first time?

Yeah, definitely. We sort of ran out of time. We'll add this.
    FenrirWolfe said: You click an "Equalize" button on the left-side menu,

Basically a copy paste for rotation?

Thanks for the feedback.

Dogson will get back to you.
  • edited September 2015
    FenrirWolfe said: Her eyes are gorgeous but somehow something seems... "off". I can't explain why but they creep me out. I think it's the shape - maybe it's unnatural or something. Could you, please, look at that? Or is it just me? It's really strange because I love pretty much all eyes. There is something magical about them. These, however, freak me out almost as much as they intrigue, "empower" and enlighten me (separately, of course).

If I had to put my finger on it, I'd say that her iris and pupils need to be scaled up a little so that there's less white showing. Her eyes at the moment appear a little cold and stern. Contrast this with the bunny eyes, which are exaggerated with their scaling, but appear to be a lot warmer.

This makes the bunny more appealing facially, because she sort of gives the impression of having a nice personality. Elaine looks good at certain angles, but sometimes looks a bit like a staring mannequin.

On a side-note, is Elaine supposed to be on tip-toes? What was the reasoning for the shape of her feet?
    @Are_you_mmmad
    Aye. That's probably it. The sense of dread is greatly decreased when viewing from a higher point of view - where a lot less of the sclera can be seen.
    Are_you_mmmad said: On a side-note, is Elaine supposed to be on tip-toes? What was the reasoning for the shape of her feet?

She seems to be a mix between a plantigrade/digitigrade and an unguligrade in the commissioned pictures of her... And it changes significantly with every artist. The Yiffalicious version simply seems to be Dogson's interpretation of this feature.