Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need your help! (wiki)

odesodes Administrator
As you might have seen already, our mysql installation recently suffered a catastrophic failure, causing all databases to become corrupted. Some data could be recovered (like the forum), but unfortunately the wiki data was utterly lost.

Luckily, there's a cached version of the wiki here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20170924131832/http://wiki.yiffalicious.com:80/index.php/Main_Page

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping us bring the wiki back to its former glory? All the articles are stored in the link above, so it's just a matter of copying it back into the wiki.

Let us know if you're interested, and I'll create an account for you that you can use to log in and create articles.

Note! While all help is appreciated, I will first and foremost prefer handing out wiki accounts to users who have been around for a while. I hope you understand.

Thank you!

Comments

• I would be happy to help in any way I can. Is any web design experience required?
    I'm by no measure an expert, but I am passionate to help.
  • odesodes Administrator
    That's great SpadeScout!

No, no such experience required. It's just a regular wiki where you edit pages through a text editor. It does however have special syntax for the formatting, but other than that it's all good.

Another user offered help in trying to recover the data from the corrupted database, so I would suggest we wait to see how that pans out before resorting to copying the articles manually.
  • @odes
    Of course, best of luck recovering the data!
    My offer stands until it is no longer needed.
  • odesodes Administrator
    @SpadeScout
    Ok, looks like the recover didn't work, so I'm creating an account for you. Check your PM!
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited April 2018
    Please thank @SpadeScout for his restoration of the wiki! Excellent work! Thank you!