Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New forum theme

Wow, that's too bright. Now I need sunglasses to use this forum.

Comments

• The previous background was easy on the eyes, this new white theme feels like glaring at the sun.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2019
    Unfortunately, the old theme caused some issues with the new nested category system. If anyone has some time to change colors through a userstyles/stylish submission, I'd be happy to incorporate it by default.
  • edited October 2019
    I can try.
    By the way, what version of Vanilla are you using and what is the name of this new theme?
  • odesodes Administrator
    It's the default theme on Version 2.3.1.
  • Ooof, that's ancient... I just installed 3.2 on one of my servers and it has several themes, including dark ones.
    I browsed the documentation, and there's an upgrade path from 2.3.1, maybe it's time to upgrade, you'll need to do it sooner of later because your hosting will eventually cut support for PHP 5.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2019
    Sure, we just haven't had the time, and upgrading forum is low priority. Might still probably do it though.

This forum is hosted on our own VPS so support for PHP 5 will not be cut.
  • odesodes Administrator
    I made a really simple modification of the main theme with some css rules to make it darker.
  • Much better!
  • Thanks it's better. Black theme are less agressive for eyes.