Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Masculine Scalie Head

Hey,

A while back there was a thread about masculine heads where I posted a screenshot of a head I was working on. I have worked it to a point where I feel it's good enough to post. It is a masculine scalie head with 5 expressions.

Working on this taught me a lot about blender and modeling, honestly it was quite fun.

Save file of template character with all expressions:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5bssiryy863y9bd/MasculineScalie.yl2c/file

Blender file (if anyone wants to mess with it):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/glw4e9unbdt67fx/MasculineScalieHeadScaled.blend/file

Screenshots:

Comments

• DogsonDogson Administrator
    Oh man, that is so cool, great initiative! 
  • DogsonDogson Administrator
    edited March 2020
    This got me thinking of two things:

First one is that Me and Odes has been talking about giving the heads and the body areas the ability to
    use the same seamless tech as the scrotum area is using right about now for ears, horns, various appendages and tails. Your custom made model made me think that perhaps it's a good idea to try out if the neck area could also have that for custom made heads.

Second one is to look in to the possibility of .dae (collada) import files having the ability to have blend shapes (shape keys in blender) . I'm thinking about facial expressions stored as blend shapes thus allowing more easy to control facial expression in pose mode.

I don't want to promise anything but this custom made head really made my head spin with thoughts of what is possible for users to more easily mod stuff :D
  • The ability to use custom heads would definitely be nice. I can't wait to be able to work on some sergals:

I suppose we'd have to define the eyeball and bone positions in some way? Would that also allow us to have multi-boned neck for long-necked characters, like Maya from the first game?

• First one is that Me and Odes has been talking about giving the heads and the body areas the ability to use the same seamless tech as the scrotum area is using right about now for ears, horns, various appendages and tails.
    I was a bit surprised we didn't have that from the get-go, given that appendages are a fairly vital part of the whole process of character creation and that it was demonstrated in some of the tech demos. Good to hear it's on the way, though.

Speaking of tails, I'm guessing they'll have bones and be poseable at some point, yeah? Hopefully, us users will also be able to make appendages with custom skeletons, as that will open up some interesting possibilities. Taurs and nagas, anyone?

Would that also allow us to have multi-boned neck for long-necked characters, like Maya from the first game?

I've been thinking about this myself. I noticed that the hooves have different bone nodes compared to the other feet, since they have only the one "toe". I'm guessing it might be that the other bones are just disabled, but I do wonder if that could be adapted for longer necks as well, with different neck models placing the head on a different joint of the extended neck bone chain. Could be quite a flexible solution.