Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EEEP! Ultrawide screen support?

I don't suppose any support for ultra wide views will be coming soon? The menu's and UI seem... To be scaling with the sides in a way that anything that isn't a standard 4:3/16:9 or similar Ratio, becp,es massively large and rolls of the screen, resulting in monitor setups like 5760x1080 and 7680x1440 to have UI menu's and elements off screen and inaccessible. P.S. How do you add screemshots?

Comments

• The way I add screenshots is by pressing PrinctSc, Ctrl+V on PAINT, save as. Then posting it on imgur (Without putting it out to community). Once put in, Right click and "Copy image location". And on here when posting something, click the white paper symbol and paste the image location. If it didnt give you the image onto the post, then the imgur link didnt give your image a proper link.
  • odesodes Administrator
    I'm not seeing any issues using ultra wide. I did a test in unity with rendering to render target of 3440×1440, and this is what the UI looks for me:

Screenshots are helpful if we're gonna be able to do something about this.

Which version are you using?
  • odesodes Administrator
    And this is what it looks like in 5760x1080:

So I kinda see what you mean.

The interface is scaled based on the width of the screen, so if the screen is very wide, the UI will be scaled a lot.

I could make it so that the screen is scaled based on height instead as an option.
  • odesodes Administrator
  • Guess I will need tog et an imgur account someday then, but yeah, the screen shot I took has pretty much the same result as your 5760x1080.
  • The irony, it is actually a common problem in a lot of games, when you get to 5760x1080 or 7680x1440. I don't think even the latest videocards would be able to handle multi-GPUing an attempt at tripple 4k monitors yet, so I have no idea what resolution a triple 4k monitor setup would have.