Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speech bubbles?

edited May 2020 in Suggestions
I have not yet tried out YL2 so I don't know if this is already a feature or not but it would be nice if there was an option to have speech bubbles pop up on top of the characters instead of relying on snapshots to convey dialogue. Due to the limited text in snapshots, either dialogue becomes short and too plain or scenes have too many unnecessary snapshots. However, I do understand that there's bigger problems to tackle at this current point in development and this is just a suggestion, so there's no need to rush!  :)

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    Speech bubbles will be implemented in YL2.
  • Hooraayyy~! Thank you for answering my question! 
  • I've been wondering about something related to this; any plans on simulating speech? Doesn't have to be Microsoft Sam (though that would be a nice option for comical purposes, too), something more akin to this little thing I found while poking around one lazy evening a while back would fit the bill. With a bit of tweaking, it should be able to produce quite a variety of voices from a relatively small set of sounds, and even if the end result is gibberish, it'd help considerably in conveying the tone and mood of a conversation. Or of the sexual moaning that it's leading up to, as the case may well be, heh.
  • odesodes Administrator
    @Brownmane
    We've thought of something subtle like NITW style dialogue sounds.
  • @odes
    That might be a bit too subtle if you ask me. Still, even if it's just going to be a simple, non-vocal tone, it would be a good idea to let the user shift the pitch around as needed for variety. Even that would help characterize each separate character and situation, though to a somewhat limited degree.

• I think I rather keep it super subtle, lol. The pixelated speech also seems unfitting.