Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't launch anything

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the program won't start. Everything installed correctly (I think) but when I start try to open the game, nothing happens. "yiffalicious.exe" and "yiffalicious_novr.exe" do nothing when I try to open them so I'm not sure what to do since there isn't a log file or or an error message or anything. I tried looking it up but I couldn't find anyone mentioning this issue so maybe there's something I need to do that isn't written anywhere I've looked. Sorry this is a bit rambly I'm just really confused and I'm trying to not get my post deleted

Comments

• Alright, let's go from the top:
    1. Do you have a particularily potato PC? Do other 3d games run fine?
    2. What's your OS, CPU, GPU and RAM?
    3. Is there an output_log.txt in the game/yiffalicious_Data folder? Can you throw it on pastebin.com?
    4. Did you try temporarily disabling your antivirus? An overly eager AV can quickly kill the process
  • 1. Nope, I can run a lot of games perfectly fine
    2. Windows 10, Intel Core i5-6500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, 16GB of RAM
    3. No, I said in my post there isn't a log file
    4. I added an exlcusion to the folder and turned off RTP and it still didn't run. I looked in task manager and it pops up at the bottom of "background processes" for less than a second then goes away again
  • odesodes Administrator
    Where have you installed the app? If there isn't a log file, it may be because Yiffalicious is installed into a folder it doesn't have write access to. The default folder should be somewhere in AppData which it should have write access to, but if you installed it elsewhere it may not.
  • I assume you've already tried running it as admin?
    Does your username contain symbols or special characters? %userprofile% folder in particular.
  • it may be because Yiffalicious is installed into a folder it doesn't have write access to

I don't think it's in a folder that it doesn't have write access to. What kind of folders wouldn't it have access to?

Does your username contain symbols or special characters? %userprofile% folder in particular
    No

• odesodes Administrator
    I don't think it's in a folder that it doesn't have write access to. What kind of folders wouldn't it have access to?
    Any folder not inside your home (%userprofile%) folder. (Sub folder is ok.)
    (AppData resides in home.)
  • What kind of folders wouldn't it have access to?
    Happens quite often if you put the game directly in C:\. Personally I have no issue running it from downloads/desktop.
    Have you checked the Event viewer? Might be a clue in the Application or System log.
  • Any folder not inside your home

Wow ok. I reinstalled it in appdata and it works now. Why is the option to install it somewhere else there if it doesn't work anywhere else?

• odesodes Administrator
    It should work anywhere - it just wouldn't be able to write logs. So it's strange it not only was able to write logs but also magically started working when you put it in home.