Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giraffe neck, Symmetry, Laggy Cloud and Self Derive issues

edited August 2020 in Issues
Im just being a good little user, reporting any issues.

BovineDigitigrade does not mirror correctly
A minor issue which has been here last patch which can be worked around, just giving a heads up.
The hooves have a mask that mirrors, and thats about it, but the closest hoof there obviously did not catch all of the mask.

In-app Cloud performance is poor when looking at a complex character
Not sure if this was mentioned before... The work around is to move the camera away in both position and look, from the character, in order to have the in-app cloud not be so laggy.

It is possible to change a character into a derivative of itself
I am afraid to test this properly, maybe Il brave it, but for now, I think this happens if you click on the description text box (Maybe even add text and then delete it), and then check the "update character" checkmark.

My beloved Fuzang got the curse! Did nothing out of the ordinary and it still happened :(

This is how Hoxo Turned into a derivative of itself (I think).

This happened with @badomen113 aswell

POTENTIAL WORKAROUND: Dont. Touch. Anything. before you press the "update" check mark.

Parts dont attach to the other parts of the giraffe neck, only the bottom.
I do not think this is an issue, but a limitation. I think it is fine, but it did force me to put his neck wear at the bottom.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    Parts dont attach to the other parts of the giraffe neck, only the bottom.

What exactly do you mean by this? I checked in the app and I was able to attach the necklace to any bone and have it follow the bone.
  • edited August 2020
    @odes I cant manage that. I tried snapping the part to each different part of the neck and it only follows the bottom neck (Oh and Top).

Here you can see that ive attached one at the middle, and another at close to middle but still "top".
    The right ring still follows the bottom neck, while the left one follows the top neck.

Managed to get the top ring follow the head rotation instead of the neck, despite having put it on the neck. I placed the other ring higher into that middle bone and it still only follows bottom.

One more examples
    *SNAP*

Also, this just in:
    Another update of mine has turned into a derivative :( I did nothing to prompt it this time.

• odesodes Administrator
    Ah ok, I see what you mean. Something seems very strange here. When using snap to surface point, the bone with the greatest influence is set as the part's parent (+ offset). But here it doesn't seem to do that. I will investigate when I get the time. (Unfortunately can't right now).

If you want a necklace to follow a specific neck point exactly, the a work-around is to set the necklace parent manually (either through interface or snap to bone), so it will move along with it.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited August 2020
    I have identified the issue and fixed it. The issue was that boneWeights were cached in the character, BEFORE applying custom body skinning for the giraffe head. This only happens on giraffe (since giraffe is the only head reversely affecting body skinning according to new tech). Now we're caching bone weights after applying this custom skinning.

Thank you so much for discovering and reporting this bug. :smile: Your engagement in YL2 community is admirable.

Dogson will fix the mirroring issues.

I will have a look at the derivative bug. I think what's happening is that you're loading the character from the cloud (or have loaded it from the cloud and then saved it), then editing it, then uploading. If you do that, the app and cloud will think it's a derivative.

Fixing it in the cloud is straight forward enough. The problem is what to do with the file, as the data in the file explicitly says it's a derivative. That data would have to be removed for the derivative button not to show in the interface in YL2 app.
  • odesodes Administrator
    I can't reproduce the laggy cloud issue you're having. What character do you get the issue with?

My computer is a bit beefy so that might be why I'm having trouble reproducing the issue. What are your computer's specs?
  • odesodes Administrator
    Derivative bug in the cloud should have been fixed, but files loaded through the cloud will still have the derivative button inside of them. There's no quick and easy fix for this.
  • edited August 2020
    So, for the Laggy Cloud Issue...

On my old PC, when the cloud came out, It lagged.

A bout 2 months ago I got myself a new PC, can run most games at max or near max, and YL2 with next to no frame rate issues, but the cloud is still laggy.

The specs are
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70GHz
    16gb ram
    Radeon (TM) RX 470 graphics

I hope that helps?
    Im not that hardware savvy so I dont know where to find more information on my own pc, its custom built so I dont know what the hell im reading when looking at these system informations.

Anyways, Since the app opens up a browser within itself, I can only assume that it eats up a lot of ram? If I have the camera on a character, and depending on the complexity of the character the browser will be so laggy and late that its impossible to use, but I can exit off of it fast.

The BROWSER itself lags, but the actual app works as normal.

As soon as I move the camera to look away/move it further away, I can use the cloud without a hint of an issue.

I would have to ask if other people are experiencing a laggy cloud. Stuff like that can get people to use the cloud less. If it is just me, then well, damn... :P

----------------------

For the derivative issue...

I did load my character through the cloud, but I did not upload an edit of the cloud version. I loaded the Cloud version and then my own file character just to see the differences ive made ready to update before being able to update.

So I loaded the character from the cloud, then loaded the character from my files (As thats where ive made the changes ready). Did the poses/screens and updated it, and it turned out derived of itself anyway.

I have done this with the other updated characters as well and they have not gotten this issue WITHOUT seeing the derivative meta button.

With that in mind, I hope that yall fixed it anyway.
    I saw that you guys did fix the characters, thanks! I just hope that it wont happen again.

------------

And thanks for bug fixes in general, I tend to ignore most issues since I always find a way to work around it. But since I have so much fun with it, I think maybe its best to keep you guys in the know of them before too many pile up.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Your computer seems strong enough, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I can't seem to reproduce it. I suppose I could disable the 3D rendering when the cloud is active. I'll add a setting for that so you can see if it helps.

Definitely report any issues you find! I know it costs time and can be a bit annoying, but in the long run the app and you benefit from having these issues fixed!

Thanks again for reporting. It is a very important thing to do!