Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Toughts

edited September 2020 in Suggestions
I decided to write down my thoughts and observations while making my first character. 

1)      Asset library.

a)       Library with all my local assets in style of bridge. Looking for assets by name and remembering what is what every time takes a lot of time. Online repository for 3D and 2D assets similar to cloud.

b)      Local character library.
Similar to the cloud, but with only local characters. Exploring local characters by name only is troublesome with large number of characters. I can’t remember who is who.

2)      Improvements

a)       Nipple scaling
Add option to enable and disable automatic nipple scaling with inflation.

Also nipples and other parts don’t scale properly with inflation.

b)      When saving character pull a file name from character name.

c)       Add ability to delete layers, masks and other things with Delete key.

d)      Mask create texture - change names of textures from texture 1, texture 2 etc. to body, face, hands and so on.

e)      Add iris position control in X and Y axis so we can have squint in, squint out situation.

f)        When using masks in texture builder pull layer names from masks used.

g)       Add ability to copy masks, layers etc.

h)      Add more controls to the breasts right now we can only influence breast size, we need similar level of customizability to nipples.

i)        Improve scaling of gradients, a lot of fluffs will not gradient, fluffs will use only the color that is at the far right of the gradient and ignore rest of it.

j)        Ability to move anus in Z axis (forward and backwards).

k)       Add ability to set default folders for characters, app wants to save\load characters from Appdata\Roaming, I don’t want to save anything on C\:.

l)        App does not remember character file names (it defaults to “My Character” name) and continuously asks where to save a character when using Control + S shortcut.

m)    Add templets for all used masks and maps. I spend a bit of time trying to figure out proper sizing for irises, with a templet it would take a fraction of the time.

3)      UI

a)       Ui needs cleanup when I edit, I get lost all the time, I find myself in need to collapse all the menus and start from the root a lot.
I would suggest different menu background color depending on how deep in the menu you are.

b)      Split able workspace/multiple views.
It would be nice if we had the ability to split the workspace and set the contents and size of all the windows.

c)       Scale gizmos for gradients, parts.
Instead of using a slider, standard 3D gizmo for scaling in all 3 dimensions.

d)      Scale of the sliders is way too big; I find myself needing smaller objects more then large ones.

Only useful range on sliders is 0 to 1 and most sliders scale to 10.

e)      Ability to scale interactive ui elements.
All of the handles and gizmos are really tiny, I wish I had a button to toggle the scale for handles and gizmos, with adjustable scale.

f)        Ability to pick and edit multiple handles/gizmos at the same time.
Example with capsule gradient we have two handles, if I want to move whole gradient, I need to move one and then the other. There are some other examples in app.

g)       Add simple mouse over tool tips that give general explanation what things do.

h)      Add shortcut to change brush size, I suggest [ ] Keys.

i)        Add shortcut key for precise gizmo movements.

j)        Add ability to turn on physics simulation in edit mode.

k)       When part is selected enable appropriate gizmo by using (w) move and (E) rotate shortcut keys, without need to select handle.

l)        Add ability to edit color by just right clicking color picker window in layers, without the need to open color index.

m)    Add the color index number next to color picker window.  Every time I want to change color of a fill, I don’t know which color in the index it is.

4)      Additional features

a)       More types of vaginas. We have multiple penises but only one type of vagina.

b)      Multi-boob. This game needs more boobs. More boobs makes things better.

c)       Also, multi nipple, example four nipples on one breast of cow character.

d)      Sheath without balls.

e)      slit type sheath.

f)        Slit penetration.
It would work the same as vagina just in both ways. Penis growing out of it and a opening right under the penis would be penetrable.

g)       More types of gradient masks.
We have plain, sphere and capsule shaped ones, but I wish I had toroidal mask and other procedural shapes.

h)      Better iris and eye system with ability to control iris dilation in X and Y separately, inside of animation key frames.

i)        Ability to create your own template characters.

j)        Tears effect for eyeballs.

k)       We had pre cum for males and dripping for females in YL1, we need spit for oral YL2.

l)        Oral need its own penetration system same as vaginal and anal.

m)    Part blending.
Ability to blend boundary between added parts and character body. I want to achieve smooth transitions and I don't know how.

5)      Forum

a)       Add tutorial section to forum.

6)      Questions

a)       Physically simulated liquids? Are they a possibility?        

b)      Is there possibility to in the future add physics enabled objects to the character? Tails, hair, appendages etc.

c)       Do layers have chronology, meaning that layers are above and below each other? If yes, how to change that chronology, if no add chronology to the layers and add capacity to drag and drop them to change their chronology.

d)      Are normal maps for decals a thing ?

Comments

• From that list, this is my personal opinion:

I dont need 1.a or 1.b. Although, more assets shared could make for more unique characters made by more people.

2.b would mess up my character files. I rather it stay as is. Most of my saves dont have the name added in yet.
    2.g Yes please, this! Thank you!
    2.i Im having the problem of it only using the Left side.
    2.j yes please, this! Thank you!

3.d Yes I wholeheartedly agree, the sliders scale way too largely. I find myself typing in the scale manually often.
    3.g This I think is needed for newcomers. This does become redundant as soon as you know what to do with it though.

4.a I agree, but I also think they are limited to how vaginas work. I think it is directly tied to the entirety of the Body, while the penis is separate, and why we have different pps but not so different vagoos,
    4.d Yes please, this! Thank you!
    4.l I think we already do have that. They are probably holding information back, which is fine I think, but judging from how the inside of the mouth looks kind of structurally similar to the vajayjay and the butthole, and how unnecessarily long the tounge actually is, I can only guess that oral penetration exists.

• odesodes Administrator

1) Asset library.

a) I agree. As with all, priorities.

b) Fair point. 

2) Improvements

a) Yeah, it's a problem I'm aware of.

b) It's a good idea.

c) It's a good idea.

d) It's a generic layer. What each index represents depends on the object it's connected to. You can however the property info to see an explanation.

e) You can affect eyes look at in pose mode. Is that what you mean?

f) You want appling a mask on a layer to change the layer's name ... ?

g) It's a good idea.

h) It's complicated, but it's something we want to implement.

i) Gradient color for fluff is decided by colorT and alphaT. You need to sculpt it.

j) Anus options in general is something we're not happy with, and we've been discussing how to improve it. As usual, priorities ...

k) Doable, but not a priority.

l) It doesn't remember first time when saving, but should remember any subsequent save. It doesn't work?

m) You can export the textures and work from there.

3)

a) Already implemented ... ?

b) It would also take a lot of time to implement. Priorities ...

c) It's a fair point.

d) I agree with this (for masks). Slider in general feels unoptimal here.

e) UI scales with resolution. You can also control if width or height influences scaling.

f) This is implemented for some parts of the app, but not all. I box selection would be a good addition here.

g) Where? We already have tool tips for properties.

h) Yes, shortcut for brush size is a good idea.

i) It's a good idea.

j) Due to the nature of edit mode, it's unlikely this will happen.

k) It's a good idea.

l) Good idea.

m) Why would you need to know color index of the color you're changing?

4)

a) This is unfortunately difficult to add, but it's something we would like to see too. The problem is how to achieve this while retaining compatibility with a wide variety of body types.

b) Unlikely to happen, but you can add custom parts to fake it.

c) Unlikely to happen, but you can fake it.

d) Would be relatively simple to do. It will probably happen at some point.

e) Seems a lot similar to d)?

f) First things first - interactions and penetrations for anal/vaginal, then probably oral etc.

g) Doable. What other shapes, other than toroids?

h) It's a good idea.

i) What's preventing you from doing that now .. ?

j) Seems like something for interactions.

k) Drooling and stuff like that is doable.

l) Indeed.

m) Unfortunately a very complex problem if you care about framerate and lighting consistency. Doable, to an extent, with dithering. It's something I want to look into.

5) This forum will gradually be replaced with YL2 cloud platform, probably.

a) YL2 cloud will have a guides and discussions section.

6) Questions

a) To an extent. We already have this:

b) Yes, that's the idea.

c) Yes, order matters. It's read as a recipe, i.e. layers are applied one by one from top to bottom.

d) Not atm, but it's an idea I like.
  • edited October 2020
    hey sorry for not responding sooner. I hope this clarifies things.
    [quote]e) You can affect eyes look at in pose mode. Is that what you mean?[/quote]
    Not entirely what I mean is the ability to make characters that will never look straight.

[quote]f) You want appling a mask on a layer to change the layer's name ... ?[/quote]
    Yeah when o drag a mask to a fill layer for example change the layer name to the same name as the mask.
    [quote]i) Gradient color for fluff is decided by colorT and alphaT. You need to sculpt it.[/quote]
    And that's why I suggested single sentence tooltips to inform the user of what each thing does. I would never figure out how it works.
    [quote]m) You can export the textures and work from there.[/quote]
    Hey you added this feature after I composed my thoughts good stuff.
    Though iris texture is not exporting.
    [quote]m) a)       Ui needs cleanup when I edit, I get lost all the time, I find myself in need to collapse all the menus and start from the root a lot.
    I would suggest different menu background color depending on how deep in the menu you are.
    [/quote]
    You just change the darkness value of lower options if you didn't mention it in this post i would have not notice the change, its so subtle its barely perceivable.
    [quote]e) UI scales with resolution. You can also control if width or height influences scaling.[/quote]
    Using ui scale in options does not scale handle and gizmos. In this example I'm running yl2 in a window, desktop resolution is 1440p and ui scale is maxed.
    How can I control width and height influence ? Its not in the preferences.

[quote]g) Where? We already have tool tips for properties.[/quote]
    Example of what I'm talking about.
    Go to texture builder>layers>+. All the options in here what do they do? You can figure it out more or less but wat is SSS? What does Thickness do? You see now what I mean? Not all users are computer wizzes, things need explaining. Same with fluff sculpting brushes, you need to explain what everything does.
    [quote]m) Why would you need to know color index of the color you're changing?[/quote]
    When you have a character with a lot of detail, lots of shading, with similar colors, colors in color index look so similar that I cant tell witch is witch if I had a index number 
    next to color picker I would at least know witch color am I using for witch layer.
    [quote]a) This is unfortunately difficult to add, but it's something we would like to see too. The problem is how to achieve this while retaining compatibility with a wide variety of body types.[/quote]
    Ideas about implementing additional vj
    Make the vj just a deforming hole and separate all the external details (clit, lips and so on) similar to anus.
    Then you can use similar technique to nipples to achieve external details,
    or you could use the same system that you used for parts/appendages.
    About multi-boob and multi-nipple.
    [quote]b) Unlikely to happen, but you can add custom parts to fake it.[/quote]
    Why not you could make additional body type with multiple breasts.
    Using parts to fake it looks bad since parts do not blend with the character and boobs created in this manner do not have proper physics.
    And with nipples can't you just use existing system and just make a dedicated displacement/shape map.
    Also question are custom nipple shape maps supported right now? If not is it planned for the future ?
    About sheath
    [quote]d) Would be relatively simple to do. It will probably happen at some point.

e) Seems a lot similar to d)?[/quote]
    Go to E621 and compare tags "slit" with "eunuch" there is a difference.
    About Gradient masks
    [quote]g) Doable. What other shapes, other than toroids?[/quote]
    I was thinking about something similar to capsule gradient but with multiple points or a curve maybe. Also the toroidal mask would have to have ability to go eliptical.

I forgot to ask, do you plan on having a bulge system ?