Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UPDATE: Found Subsurface Scattering Option, My bad...

edited November 2020 in Suggestions
Is there a subsurface scattering option; and if there isn't can their be, down the line?

Comments

• edited November 2020
    Subsurface Scattering, isnt that SSS? Im still not savvy with 3d or its lingo.

You can find it on MaterialHandler>Materials>(Bodyparts)
    Do not forget to add SSS on each PART as well for consistency. (also Penis and Tongue)

SSS allows you to use certain other layers as well. Thickness layer lets you make things look thin and that it has light shining through. Kind of like a flash light through your mouth cheeks. I use it on the ears for that extra graphical touch.
  • edited November 2020
    Yeah, I literally just found it as you commented.  I was about to delete this.  Thank you! Lol!  Ye, it's SSS.
  • edited November 2020
    Ye, it's SSS.  I was going to use it on my model.  But, I do have another question,  I know with SSS, in Blender, they have their own specific material group, and their own texture map.  So why is PBR and SSS separate here?
  • odesodes Administrator
    @iDog PBR and SSS are two completely different shaders that operate differently. PBR is deferred and SSS is forward.
  • Okay, I'll trust you on this.  I'm still learning texture-mapping, so IDK.