Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong here? (Clothing)

Im pretty bad at modelling so Im not surprised that something like this appears.

I want to know how to fix it.

The way I approach making clothing is using the mesh of the character as a basis, and I extract what I need to make the garment. And then do a bunch of edit mode editing.
And then I go into sculpting.
Ive also increased subdivisions, and decimated it.

Somewhere in there, one or the other, causes these blotches in the model. What can I do to fix it? I tried smoothing it out with sculpt tools but thats not what fixes it...

I know most of you would start from scratch and re-do it, just wanna know if anyone recognises a fix or something.

Comments

• edited April 2021
    I don't know from certainty, but I'll give my guess. If you take the base for clothing from the character mesh, the blue sharp edges come with it, so you may want to remove them. Also if your mesh is completely made from triangles and not from triangles and squares, the subdivide is not going to work well.
  • edited April 2021
    Well shit. I managed to do a new better method now though.

I did the more traditional CLOTHING method

But, as soon as I bind it...

Again... No idea why.

PS: The black also appears underneat the edges

• odesodes Administrator
    Can you share these assets with me @Craket?
  • edited April 2021
    Sent thru pm @odes
  • edited April 2021
    Hey @Odes Ive found something...

Every black bit are unoriginal extrusions.

Here lemme show you.

Upper plane is original
    Lower plane is extruded from it

Apply a solidify and then lets take it into furryvne

It... turned into a pillow but whatever... The whites are kind of like the original plane, while the blacks are the unoriginal planes.

And just for the record, I was following this guide.

• odesodes Administrator
    UVs are invalid.

Since clothes are deformed each frame (possibly), we need to recompute normals every frame. This is done using tangents. Tangents are derived from UVs, and the UVs are improperly set up in the assets you provided.
  • Not sure what any of that means. Back to google then.
  • edited April 2021
    YOO IT WORKED

Although it is a bit too thin, but I can remake it now.

googled around whatever UV did and basically, I just had to unwrap it every once in a while before cloth simulations and after cloth simulations.

Edit mode>A(select all)>U(Unrwap)
    (Do this every bit change until completion.)

HOWEVER, Not sure if textures will be abled to sit on top of it. Not that I need it, but at least I satisfied this fix finally.

Thank you for guiding me @odes
  • odesodes Administrator
    Good job!

Definitely some smoothing needed beneath (and properly between) the jugs.