Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mods option

I don't know if anyone else thinks this but it would be good to make a choice of mods so that other 3D designers can make accessories, objects, clothes, so they can use others, from my point of view it would be like a workshop like in steam.

Comments

• edited June 2021
    For garments, this wouldn't work .You have to make the garments for the specific character's body shape. Changing any body values or bone values beyond what was used as a reference to create the clothes, would make the garments disconnect, or start phasing through the body.

Basically, if there were a workshop-like place for garments, then there would have to be instructions on what body values specifically needs to be set at certain values in a description below it (ex: set body size to: 0.9, breast size: 0.3, upper thigh bone X value: 1.1, waist bone Z value: 0.95, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah). Try changing the bone values on Viola, and you'll see.

For parts though, that would be a good idea. Since parts aren't made specifically to conform to the body, things like: ears, horns, fangs, nails, tails, earrings (would probably just be a donut shape that you could use for anything), and a bunch of other cool miscellaneous stuff.

FVNE Team would probably have to host their own site or some junk though, and considering they're splitting about $8,000 a month between what I believe is at least 3 people (before taxes?), they'd probably have to come out of pocket to maintain stuff like that. And hosting a site with a purpose like that can get expensive, from what I've heard.
  • edited July 2021
    You can already kinda do this. There is even a Suggestion called "Obj and Texture repository" which is what you are asking for.

What you can already do is go to a character, and in LocalAssets, locate whatever you want to steal, click any and you will always have an "Extract" button. So if you see a character you like using custom assets, it will always be located in LocalAssets that you can extract from. Both used and Unused I believe.