Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vandred's Chat Corner

Comments

• edited August 2021
    But not with the shape keys I have already created, right?
    I've worked on a lot of face expressions, but if it's as easy as that in the video then I would be saved ?!

• odesodes Administrator
    It depends on what kind of changes you did to the base mesh.

The command transfers the shape keys from the selected mesh to the active one.
  • odesodes Administrator
    There should be .blend files that with numbers, like .blend1 .blend2 etc that are backups of your blender file.
  • Yes, working with 3D is a tough experience, I'll try it out right away.
  • edited August 2021
    Hmm, unfortunately I can't try it, the "FVNE Transfer ..." option is not selectable

If I could send you my file, I would be happy to help, but I would like to do it myself, and you will surely have enough to do.

Got it, but it's probably easier to build the whole thing again, I think the mistake was that I unknowingly discarded the original shape key, now the size is no longer correct, thanks to you anyway!   :)

• odesodes Administrator
    You have to select both objects. Otherwise you can't run the command. 
  • edited August 2021
    Yes, I got it done, but I'll have to fight my way again, next time I'll know better, unfortunately the palate and teeth can't be spared as I would like because the command is based on the "Basis" and already the original shape key "just change the size of the model, which moves the palate and teeth where they shouldn't be.

• Still, I'm proud of myself for the first time ?!

• odesodes Administrator
    Amazing job @Vandred, she looks just like "the real thing". :)

Can't wait to see what you'll come up with next!
  • I wanted to get started, the 4-fingered hand still has its problems, once selected and the whole body mesh is gone, it cannot be revised either.
  • odesodes Administrator
    @Vandred
    Did you download the 2021-10-30.2 release?
  • Ahhh! I have to try it out!  :)
  • edited October 2021
    I have a question, can I transfer the self-made facial expressions in a separate tab to the pose mode; Kind of like the emotions you create?
  • edited November 2021
    A recurring problem, the offsets according to VNE export do not behave as expected, do not find out how so, sometimes it works, sometimes not ???
    Most of the time, only the size changes and the processed area remains unchanged 

• It should look like this!
    It's the same file but just wanted to work on it a little further.

• odesodes Administrator
    Can you share all the files you're having problems with and steps to reproduce those problems?
  • odesodes Administrator
    Also share your output log.
  • edited November 2021
    I have the same problem not only with her, but across all files; I feel that something is lost when importing / exporting.
    Currently working with Blender 2.93

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oghfmnfmffjmf/Problem
  • odesodes Administrator
    The offets don't work because the model has been moved. It seems like the move has been moved, applied, and then moved again. Don't do that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh9w0006mz33gui/Lola Mod 3.7z?dl=0
  • edited November 2021
    Aha!? OK! Thanks! I did not notice. :)
    I will pay attention to it from now on .
  • edited November 2021
    Must be annoying again :s , I have a blender question:
    Maybe someone can give me a tip, How can I delete the unnecessary vertices on the inside so that only the outside grid model remains?

• Something Something Bolean modifier. It will make the unison of vertices weird on the surface ones but is what you are looking for I believe. Google bolean and see if it is what you are looking for.
  • DogsonDogson Administrator
    @Vandred I myself recently discovered this free plug in for Blender that uses a more controlled boolean that gives a more cleaner result for banana hair. I'm going to try it myself soon

Direct download for the hair booleans script

https://github.com/greisane/gret/releases/tag/0_1_1

Be sure to read the readme what the various tools do.
    https://github.com/greisane/gret#readme

Just a warning, they don't seem to have updated the fact that the tools will be available at the right side tool and is no longer searchable on F3 search
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/588967574868459521/909727139081912360/Tool.png

Like this.
  • edited November 2021

Hmm!?, I tried something so I really don't understand how the tool can be used, and it looks completely different than in the video !?
    I am still very unsure of the matter and feel myself forward with a blind eye, and if SOMETHING comes out THEN I guessed right.  :D

In contrast, give me a sheet of paper and a pencil or a brush and a "Space Marine" and I can give lectures! B) >:)

• edited December 2021
    I have an interesting problem, the upload is sometimes a bit struggling, yesterday it was still possible; cannot update any files, the transfer remains at around 65% with the error message:
    "there is already an uploaded File with this Hatch"
    Tried it with different characters, it just doesn't work right now  :|

I tinkered with something again, got a good tip on how to get the self-made facial expressions in the pose mode, can it have anything to do with it?

• odesodes Administrator
    Did you change all the pictures? Otherwise it won't allow the upload. (You need to update the pictures.)
  • edited December 2021
    D-oh! :s
    Right; I had completely forgotten that
    Thanks!

• I've seen there is a new penis type canine2 (Yeah :) ), I want to try it out with something new; Apparently he still has a few quirks?!

@Vandred This penis model has gotten in to the build before we settled for a workflow that separates prototype mesh from finished build mesh. It was put there and then was forgotten about. The penis still needs rigging, texture maps and position and scale adaptions to the testicle mesh.

It will get in there in a couple of months but this was just a pre made error from our part. Sorry for the inconvenience.