Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HTC Vive VR Issue

edited 8:15AM in Issues
Hello!
I'm having an issue in which when loading a scene, my Vive will loose all tracking and will display nothing but gray space until rebooted. Upon start up, everything appears fine. I load into a fantasy themed castle, tracking works as it should, and I can move around freely. When I try to load user created content from the left+right click menu, it loads me into the empty environment where tracking still works. Then, after another short load, I'm put into the middle of the action where tracking then stops and the screen turns gray. Using my monitors, the game still works normally (it hasn't frozen), but my Vive displays nothing but gray, steam vr no longer recognizes it, and the only way to get it to is to reboot the Vive.

Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• edited 8:15AM
    Pastebin link to output_log https://pastebin.com/xR88BRRL
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 8:15AM
    I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the logs. Are you using your card's latest drivers?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    Everything is on the most recent updates available.

I think I may have solved the issue though, I'll post again tomorrow with an update.
    Nevermind, the problem still occurs every time I load a scene. The Vive almost instantly looses tracking, and won't work again until after a reboot.
    Has anyone else ever had this problem, or maybe know how to fix it?
  • edited September 2017
    @slyguy196 i  cant test it , dont own a VR set, i like to get to do more testing i do not have the funds to buy it! devs all i know have to look into it and maybe an unity thingy??
    @camo Yea, it's still EXTREMELY expensive to buy into VR...and as you could imagine, it's not a perfect experience, yet. It's amazing when it works, though.
    I don't think it's a unity problem...other unity games don't crash my headset.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 8:15AM
    I'm unable to reproduce this issue. I've tried running 0.6.4 and 0.7.2b on HTC Vive, and for me it works on both.

I don't think it's going to help, but it might be worth a shot. Try clearing your registry.
    From a very minor amount of testing, it actually worked. I'll update the thread in a day or two.
  • Not quite "a day or two" later, but after two months I can say that clearing my registry solved the issue. Thanks odes!
  • odesodes Administrator
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!