Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch without VR?

I'm running 0.6.4, I have an Oculus Rift, I've turned off Steam  and the Oculus app, but there just doesn't seem to be any way I can launch the game without it going into VR mode, shy of something like unplugging the headset entirely. I'd like to create my own scenes, but the VR menu doesn't remotely allow for that.

Is there any way to launch the game without it auto-detecting VR and entering VR mode? Such as a command-line parameter or something?

From a brief search on Google, it looks like this has been a stumbling point for other developers working in VR with Unity. Apparently, Unity generally supports a command-line parameter "-vrmode", but developers have to specifically add "None" as a supported SDK. See also https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/disable-vr-with-command-line.405835/

I've tried several variants of -vrmode None, but have yet to find something launch without VR in 0.6.4.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 1:40PM
    Unfortunately there is no way to launch 0.6.4 without VR other than disabling/unplugging the VR device. In 0.7+ you don't need to do this anymore, as there is a yiffalicious_novr.exe. Sorry for the inconvenience.