Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YL2 - Improved Inflation

edited September 2017 in Suggestions
Heyo! I've been lurking here for a long time and with YL2 being in development I feel like it would be a good time to suggest some stuff regarding inflation :p.

First up, let me say I love the fact that Inflation was even supported in YL1, and it was implemented rather well to an extend. 

I have a couple of issues with YL1's inflation, these might be due to YL1's technical limitations so I'm hoping that YL2 can improve on them :)

1. Size

The amount of Inflation possible in YL1 was on the smaller side for my tastes, yes I'm weird but hey I like what I like and I feel that applies to many people here :p

I'd love it if YL2 would allow inflation in sizes like 
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/24405173/
Or even
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/17767451/
Side note  - transparent characters pls

2. Inflation physics and interaction

A big issue with YL1 Inflation is it created a lot of clipping and it was pretty much weightless, characters would not interact with their new size.

Since I've read bits stating YL2 will give people the ability to move characters more during interactions, it would be nice if inflation moved them as well. For example a character laying on their stomach would get propped up by belly inflation or a character standing up weighed down by breast inflation. 

Maybe even if characters are close together the inflated parts would squeeze up between them and push them apart slightly. 

3. Types of inflation

There's many types of inflation, YL1 seems to be restricted to fluid/cum inflation. It would be nice if YL2 could have some sliders that made you able to simulate air inflation more, having the belly be weightless and squeezable.

4. Bursting?

This might be a challenge or just something weird for some people, but popping/bursting would be a cool addition. It doesn't have to be extremely detailed ripping, maybe just replacing the model with fluids and a deflated version on the floor. Whatever you feel works best with performance and looks :).

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope this post was interesting and had some ideas that would be possible to implement!

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 12:17PM
    Hi there ElloMyJello!

We hear you. Inflation is very important to us, and in YL2 we will try to make it even better. As a matter of fact, we have already invented new technology for YL2 that looks extremely promising in pushing character dynamics (and by extension - inflation). We will come back to this in patreon update very soon. (This one mentioned feature wasn't made specifically for inflation, but I can see how it will helps us in this area.)

We pride ourselves we're one of few who actually supports inflation. Naturally we want hold the banner high, and be at the forefront of innovation in this field.

Getting more physically realistic inflation is very tough. We have several ideas we're exploring to get believable soft-body dynamics with an acceptable performance hit. We have already made several test cases with such technology that seems promising, but more testing needs to be done. Getting soft body dynamics to work on simple geometry is quite different from getting it to work on complex dynamic geometry (such as a character). Hopefully we will be able to solve this.

Either way, rest assured we're taking inflation very seriously, and we're doing what we can to bring it to new heights.