Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom characters

edited 11:29AM in Suggestions
Before I start on this I have to say, yes I know this is a lot more work than just adding in a new character model and if this ever happens it will take quite some time, but my idea was this. Give us base templates for species, such as equine/feline/canine/lupine etc etc, and from there we would be able to customize our character model not only via sliders to adjust things like breasts/butt/thighs/height, but also have numerous options for hairs and other aesthetic or functional things. Maybe one persons feline might have black fur and "human" breasts, whereas another feline character might have white fur and 6 breasts. One could have a bobcat's tail and another have a housecat tail, or a lion's tail.

Again, it's just a suggestion. Not saying you should stop working on the characters you're working on or anything. Just that I think a customization feature would draw in a lot more users. (Maybe even as a seperate executable, so you can mess around and create a character with one program and import the finished product into yiffalicious)

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 11:29AM
    Yeah we're thinking of adding a character editor later on. For the customization you suggest though, with 6 breasts and stuff, wouldn't work so well with body sliders. For that the actual mesh would have to be sculpted differently.

Custom model import is somethings we also want to get going, which would allow you to basically make any character, we but cannot promise to implement it because of technical challenges.
  • edited 11:29AM

Yah, I noticed there is a "Character editor" under the "Things we want to investigate" section of the roadmap. That would be awesome!

Odes, when you mentioned that the actual mesh would have to be sculpted differently, what are your thoughts on a futanari (shemale) character? Whether it is a base character, or one that can be customizable into?

Well, correct me if this isn't possible in the engine, but would you not be able to treat the extra breasts or even the penis in the case of a futa/shemale character as a seperate mesh that gets added to the character model? Similar to the way many videogames like Skyrim or such do their armor. (Or even the equippable penis they have for many of the futanari mods) 
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited September 2015
    Sure, but the intersection of 2 different meshes would be very noticable. 
    That's true, but it's definitely something to look into for those features, as I know there are many out there who like their furs more anatomically correct than others. The other idea I had was simply make it so each species had specific things that would be set up as an optional base mesh, so for instance if you wanted to play a feline you'd choose either the two breasts or six breasts version. For an equine you could choose to have breasts on the chest or abdomen and so on. It would mean taking up more space but it's an option for that system.