Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game started Crashing

The game recently started crashing when I spend a moderate amount of time in it, usually taking my other applications (web browser, Black Desert Online) with it. This started happening when I switched video cards from a gtx 1070 back to my R9 Nano (with the proper sweeping of drivers with DDU). Here is the link for the output file paste.

https://pastebin.com/7BauN9Cu

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2017
    There's unfortunately nothing in the log file that seems to be of help in this case.

The way you describe what's happening it feels like you're running out of memory. If you bring up the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + ESC and select the performance tab, and then run Yiffalicious in windowed mode, can you see what the memory usage looks like?

• edited October 2017
    I actually had that running before and I never came close to using up my Ram, but it seems a little close with the VRAM(but it's constant; no drops or rises). But I did notice that in the log it said something about failing the oculus rift or something, so I used the novr executable and it seems to have no problems now besides a little blink once but no crash. It's been on longer than it usually is.

Edit: This is an error log that was in my Yiffalicious folder. I believe this one is different.

https://pastebin.com/mNHVR75b

• odesodes Administrator
    Ok, let us know how it works out.
  • edited October 2017
    It just crashed again with the novr exe. But at least it stayed on a lot longer...I think it's just my video card. It was working fine with my 1070.
  • odesodes Administrator
    It should work on that card. I'm not sure whats wrong. The crash is weird. Considering memory isn't running out, and that it seems to mess up the other applications, I would guess it's the graphics driver that's causing it or memory hardware error. If you wanna make sure it isn't hardware issue you might wanna run memtest when you're away from home.
  • It might just be the latest drivers giving issues too. I'll give an earlier driver a go when I get back home.
  • I know this is really old, but I thought I'd give an update. I just recently transplanted the problem pc into another computer case and the crashing problem just vanished. I don't know what the problem was, but I'm glad it's gone.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Maybe the old case didn't have adequate airflow causing the GPU to overheat?