Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am i just stupid or has something gone wrong

great game.

but using a HTC Vive no matter what i cant bring up the menu to edit anything, i have tried looking everywhere for the correct key and couldnt find anything.

Is my game broke or is it just not written anywhere what key brings up the menus in VR mode?

Comments

• also using multiple monitors my mouse cursor always ends up outside of the game.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited November 2017
    Hi there Buster.

You shouldn't really have to do anything special to get the VR working. Just connect the headset and start the app. So something seems to not be working.

Yiffalicious 1.0 (public) will be released sometime tomorrow. Perhaps it will fix the issue you're experiencing.
  • Hi the game itself works great, its awesome in VR, i just cant edit anything.

is there a specific key to bring up the menu?

When it loads in i am in the medieval map, i can press both mouse buttons to bring up the VR menu and that all works fine. I just cannot edit anything, ive checked the wiki and controls and i cant see any button listed anywhere to bring up the UI.

this is what i mean by UI
  • odesodes Administrator
    Editing in VR is not supported.
  • edited November 2017
    I wish I could navigate snapshots or move the camera with Vive, mouse is still a little awkward. I am fine with editing in flat screen but watching it in VR could use some tuning to include the VR controllers and not just the KB/Mouse.
  • edited November 2017
    Probably one of the easiest solutions is to buy a Steam Controller, or something else that's easy to customize and use as a mouse. I have mine set so the left stick is WASD, Y and A move up and down, X and B are prev/next snapshot, shoulder buttons are scroll up and down, left squeeze button is shift, right squeeze is F8, select is tab, start is escape, triggers are mouse buttons, right pad is mouse, etc. VR motion controls would be great, but I guess we'll have to wait for YL2.
  • thanks for the replies. Ill just edit outside of vr
  • Oh, how I wish the Vive controller trackpads would work... Even that would do wonders.
    Let's hope YL2 has some improvements.