Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too many snapshots for transition list

Has nobody else encountered the limitation of the transition list, when you have a lot of snapshots? I use many snapshots to get a lot of subtle detail with expressions and overall animation. I've noticed that once you go over around 50+, you can no longer see all of them in the Transition Into menu. If you set up a whole scene in one go without simultaneously setting up your transitions, by the time you have that many, you can no longer access the first lot of snapshots and can thus never animate from the beginning. This forces you to decide whether to cut the later snapshots to reach the first ones, or cut the earlier ones and modify all those you can see to be the new start. 

I sometimes don't pay attention to how many I'm creating and find myself in this position too often. I'm imagining this will be addressed in the next version as it feels kind of obvious like the animation errors on the cow, but I just want to be sure in case it's not common to use a lot of frames.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    This issue has not been addressed and I'm not sure if it will, simply because all our efforts are directed at YL2.

You can step through snapshots by using the arrow keys or mouse thumb buttons.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • You can step through them but you can't add them to the transition list. Wouldn't simply adding a scroll bar solve this?
  • odesodes Administrator
    It's not a question of how to solve it, but about time.

I feel bad about this now, so I'm adding a quick hack to at least make it possible to select these snapshots. It's not a beautiful solution but it's better than nothing. The fix will be part of the public release which will go live in a couple of hours.

(I hope to god this fix didn't break something.)
  • odesodes Administrator
    The public release with the fix is now live. You can grab it here:
    http://www.yiffalicious.com/download
  • Thank you so much for doing that for me Odes. Being a patreon supporter I very, very much appreciate it!
    You can count on my support for the new version :)
  • odesodes Administrator
    Thanks Dogsbody!
  • Just tested; that's so perfect. I'm so happy! I was afraid I'd have to scrap all that work. Cheers!
  • Thanks for the fix! I ran into that problem awhile ago, then completely forgot about it.

I'm noticing that it's still impossible to change the duration from 5 seconds, on snapshots near the end of the list, when there's a lot of them. Seems easy enough to live with until YL2, though. Probably not a very high priority fix.
  • I've found simply saving, closing and reopening allows for the duration to be set. It seems that if too many are created within the same session causes this minor bug.
  • Thanks for the tip, I was only trying saving and reloading without closing YL all the way, which didn't seem to work.