Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Futa Charlotte Seams

Hi guys,
Having an issue with the Futa Charlotte model. Whenever I paint directly onto the model like in Substance Painter or Blender, it seems that it doesn't paint where the body parts connect fully (or at least, in a smooth manner). I think this is what's called seams, and essentially they show up and I have to manually find where in the 2d mode I've been painting and correct them.

This seems to be a lot more pronounced in Substance Painter than in Blender. In Blender I could only reproduce it on the chest (Although, I didn't export this into game to see if it showed up there, but the ones I've done in Substance Painter definitely show).

Anyone know what's going wrong? This seems to be the only one I have an issue with. I also don't notice a remarkable difference between how paint is painted onto regular Charlotte or Futa Charlotte. So not really sure why Futa Charlotte has the issue.

Any help would be appreciated, especially for Substance Painter as that's what I've been using most (Only downloaded blender atm to see if it had the same issue).

See link below for what I mean in Blender:
https://imgur.com/a/b9uGl

Comments

• I've encountered this problem often, the simple fix is to paint (with the same color of course) beyond the edge on the mesh of the skin in the 2D layout.
    Or, you can smear the edges, beyond the mesh lines of the model in the 2D layout, with the smear tool.
    Stretch/paint it about 10 pixels beyond, or as far as you can without affecting another mesh.

The problem is that the edges of the mesh are not completely true to what the 3D model uses as the skin. There is like half a pixel more that shows up as those lines in blender or in the application.

I hope this helps.
  • Yeah, i guess to clarify was looking to see if there are any other solutions.
    Mainly because it's a pain to track down specifically where i need to paint to fix the seams on multiple layers.

Just seems odd that this is only an issue lib futa Charlotte. Especially since she's becoming my favorite character, stuck between wanting to make more skins but having to deal with this annoying issue
  • Even thought this is a little old, the answer in Blender is to alter the  'bleed'  setting in the texture paint mode.

In texture paint mode, go to the tabs on the left, swtich to the "tools" palette, and look for the "Bleed" slider about 3/4 of the way down. It defaults to 2px,  set it to like 5-8px to bleed the paint over the edge of the UV more.