Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simplified Preference Preset

So I've already got a thread discussing Feedback on Dislike/Like, however one other issue that occurs to me for the like/dislike system is that of gender preferences.

While Yiffalicious has automatic tags for flagging gay/futa etc. content, and users can block these if they wish, I wonder how obvious it really is, hidden away in the little gear icon in the corner? I've posted a few animations where I realise that it's hard to tell what gender some of the characters are based upon the preview image alone, so it may not be obvious for example that Charlotte in my animations is always shemale, and a user that finds out the hard way may choose Dislike as a result, regardless of whether it's otherwise a good interaction or not. This is fair enough, since they don't like that, but really they shouldn't have been surprised in the first place, but it can hard to show futa characters clearly in the preview.

So it occurs to me that Yiffalicious doesn't have much in the way of initial setup, which is a good thing in general, but I wonder whether new players should be asked to specify some kind of basic gender preferences at the start? This would setup an initial list of blocked tags, and be changeable at any time, possibly with a separate gender icon?

The basic types I can think of offhand are:
  • Straight
  • Lesbian
  • Gay (Male on Male)
  • Transgender
A user can then mix and match to their heart's content; for example, a user that specifies Gay will only see male on male interactions, blocking all others. If they also select Transgender then this will allow futa/futa, male/futa, male/male etc. but ignore basically anything with purely female characters.

Depending upon what Yiffalicious supports in future there may be other options to add, as well some that could be added now. For example, not everybody likes anal (madness, I know) so that might make sense as another option; if female characters were to gain support for strap-ons then things like pegging/femdom might be useful too. Of course there's a temptation to go too far and end up with such a huge list that it might get overwhelming, but I think there's a balance to be found.