Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Messed up my Skin Manager?

When I first downloaded the SM, I forgot to disable my antivirus. By the time I'd slogged my way through allowing access while creating the root folder for the skins, something broke and now the manager won't boot. It'll appear in my tasks but will close almost immediately, before anything actually comes up on the desktop (it doesn't even have time to load its icon on my taskbar.) I tried restarting my PC and deleting everything, including the skin folder I'd created, and re-installing with antivirus disabled, but it hasn't worked. On the other hand, with antivirus preemptively disabled getting the Live Skin Dropper to work was a breeze and worked instantly.

Any ideas?

Comments

• I have the same issue when it comes to the skin manager. It won't boot at all but the skin dropper works just fine.
  • Did a bit of digging into my own issue and it seems that it has not created a YiffaliciousSkinManager file in %appdata% as it said it should in the download post. The post itself could be outdated in what it actually does as it has gone thru some updates.

My assumption is that the software skips the creation part for some reason and wants to access the non-existent files without checking if its there.
    I'm only somewhat knowledgeable in LUA so from visual studios it looks more like hieroglyphs to me.
  • Mine just stopped working one day. It was very odd. But skin dropper works fine. I'm curious to also know the answer to this.