Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skin group competitions

Hey guys,
I am not sure if this is a really stupid idea or if I am the only person who would participate int this but could we start a "skin group competition" just for fun or perhaps even for skins. The competitions would consist of two groups (ex: robot theme vs. pirate theme) and skin authors would select their sides. During the competition, the skin authors would produce skins for their sides to obtain votes from the non - skin makers only, (one vote per person at the end of the competition) and at the end the winning team would be announced. Possibly the prize could be the loosing team's authors creating skins of the opposing team's request. Again i'm not sure if people would like this or not but, if it does come to be organized, I would definetly be able to assist in the creation of such events.

Thanks for reading,

-Myname

Comments

• I think it's a very interesting Idea. I'd like to participate by creating textures.

I could also help in the creation of such event... I could create a small web site to facilitate all the posting and voting, and possible money handling.

I think this can become a reality if at least 10 of you reply to this thread and show their interest in participating, possibly donating/raising money, and at least 4 others say they'd like to participate by creating textures. Don't be shy!

If most of you wants it, I'd gladly add some prize to make this more interesting by offering to match whatever amount could be raised to a maximum of 150$, which would mean 300$ in prizes or more, should we go with the 'Prize' concept. I'm also all in even if no one wants to involve anything monetary to it. I just thought it could be cool and motivating, although I would have to remove myself as a participant if I'm the one behind the web site voting system.
  • It definitely sounds cool but we would need judges who can judge the detail and craftsmanship of each entry as well as setting rules
  • edited January 2018
    Interesting idea! I'd definitely be in for creating some themed skins.
    Competition seems like it could be troublesome to setup, either you need judges or you need people to vote or whatever. 

Personally I'm more a fan of the idea of a 'Theme of the Month' or something like that. Just everyone kinda contributing skins towards a certain theme. At the end of the month you basically end up with a skin set which is super helpful to scene creators/scene viewers to make something interesting. I know I personally don't tend to make one-off skins, I like to build up at least an interactable set of skins (Although that doesn't always pan out).
    Potentially if you want a competition, you can just have public voting on the forums/make a google form or something and then the winner just gets to decide the theme for next month.

Anyway, personally monetary prizes don't really interest me. I don't really know if there's really a population to support such a thing.
  • @som2040 To be honest I didn't really make it for the money either, just for fun you know? Also, I really like the theme a month idea. I'm really excited on to where this is going.

-Myname
  • Color me interested - in either idea, competition or monthly theme.
  • I'm not much of a skin artist, however I could be a judge if needed, as I do have a keen eye for detail.