Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add "Apply Edits to Current Snapshot" button and be able to Copy/Paste Section data

edited January 2018 in Suggestions
I tend to work on different parts of an interaction separately instead of making all of the edits for a single snapshot for a single pass. Thrusting, thurster's experession, thurstee's expression, force, resistance, go back to editing expressions to help sell the new force and resistance changes, etc. With the current system I often forget to or miss clicking the "Update to current active snapshot" from the drop down menu, and it often throws the whole thing out of whack.

I would like to have a panel at the bottom of the slider panel that has two buttons on it "Apply Edits" and "Cancel Edits". This could be limited to the individual sections, like the expression section, to only apply changes made there instead of to the thrusting panel.

I would also appreciate having the option to just copy/paste a whole section from one snapshot to another. I am currently running into have to keep a notepad on me desk to write what values are the previous snapshots values. I need those values to have smoother transitions from snapshot to snapshot. I am not sure how data is stored on the back end, but just having a ToString method that outputs a section in JSON to be read back in when a user selects it to be "pasted" should not be too hard since Unity has a built in JSON Serializer. You would have to have an additional data member that is a "SectionType" however to make sure some one does not try to paste an expression section into a looking or thrusting section.

Any way this was way longer than I intended, and as someone how is getting into Yiffalicious I thought these specific features were really need, cheers.

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Good gods that did not take any of the formatting I applied to it.
    Fixed formatting.
  • AFAIK, there won't be more modifications to Yiffalicious, except in case of severe bugs or similar.
    Also, the editor on YL2 will be drastically different, so I don't know if what you're asking for will be relevant to the new editor.
  • It is a feature that can be added in any version. I would be curious to see what kind of UI improvements we are getting with YL2. I hope they add in a part of the UI that shows what (if any) active snapshot we are working on.
  • I think the concept of snapshot is not used for YL2. They're using a timeline, like the one used on video editing software, or 3D animation.
  • Well snapshot are just another name for a keyframe (like what is used in flash), or dopes on a dope sheet. The underlying idea of copying a "state" would still be the same.