Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Berk Rider's Skins

edited March 2018 in Custom skins
Hi all :D Im Berk Rider and this is my first attempt on creating a skin. It aint nothing special, its a black cat version for... well, the cat, that i made based on the google doodle game from the halloween 2016 Magic Cat Academy, her name is Momo.

She is a simple black cat with yellow eyes that uses a gray hood that covers her entyre body. I made a little modification on her dress, since its impossible to make a hood that would cover neck to feet without making it look like a thight suit, i decided to make the hood looks more like a sweater, with stretch corners and all (theres more previews with the .zip file), i hade only 3 problems making this skin:
1: i tryed to make her eye more yellow with a darker dot on it (and i did), but that transparent blue part cant be messed with, so it ended up like that.
2: even though the original character is darker like that, i think i made her quite too much darker that we cant even see some of her body parts (sorry for that)
3: i tryed not to mess with her insides but unfortunally i messed up with that too, but i managed to get it back to normal (or at least close to normal, sorry for that too)

Download: Momo
Updated: Minor bug fixes

Since this is my first work (and also my first try on texturing anything), im open to any criticism you guys have, Im planning to keep making skins as the inspirations comes up (kinda all the time, i hope).
Thx and also sorry if my englis his bad (im brazilian  :p )

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Hey buddy,
    Always good to have another person entering the skinning scene.
    Here's some feedback for you:
    • In general, you probably want to cleanup your line work a bit as a first step. Definitely not the easiest thing to do (and something I'm a little sloppy on myself), but at the moment the lines are too chunky and not very smooth.
    • You've got a few spots on your tail that you need to fix up.
    After that, you can probably work on texturing a bit (or maybe first depending on what program you're using). I think variance in the skin for example, would go a way to making it a bit more realistic. With the fur shading on, it's very very black, but realistically you should be able to tell slight variations in the fur. In this case, it may have been the look you were going for though (based on the source image).
  • edited March 2018
    @som2040 thx for the feedback, and yeah i didnt had a good base for it, every image i found on the internet was aways the same as the one i posted here, and like anyone that tryes something for himself for the first time aways think that something that is bad is good, btw that was my first attempt using blender or anything about texturing for real (i tryed to make a game once but lets say it didnt even came out of my mind), it aint a easy tool but with some practice i think i can get somewhere someday :p i also just got myself photoshop to do something with the eyes, reusing the default texture and then giving it the final touch there is kinda easy to get close to what im looking for, i also never used it before and didnt used it for that skin either, about the chunky lines i honestly think the same, but it would definitely be better if i had a tablet table or at least if my tablet had strenght system on it, its easy with a pen than a mouse (though i dont know how to draw too) also most of the details i didnt made on the texture file but on the 3D model itself, just when it was too late that i noticed that if the perspective of the model change the line width also changes, finally about the tail texture problem, for some reason blender never gets to texture some parts when i paint it through the 3D model (most cases at the center of the mirror efect like belly, nose, backs, and also tails) and its easy to leave something behind when u look on the texfile in it, even i noticed some texture gaps on her feet but yeah ill fix it, thx again for the feedback... (and sorry for the big text XD)
  • edited March 2018
    And here comes another skin, this time i brought Judy Hopps from Zootopia, thx to som2040 feedback i managed to get rid of some bugs with this skin before posting it, also ill do the same with Momo when i get some free time.

This one is the most detailed skin i made so far (tough its only my second skin :p ) i wish i could have put the badge on her left chest but since yiffalicious textures are all mirrored textures, it would be kinda strange to have 2 badges at the same time, but anyway i tryed my best to make it looks like the real one, i just got a little confused on how to make her intimates comes off her pants but i managed to come up with something, theres more previews inside the download file ;)

Download: Judy Hopps
    Updated: Added unzipped pants skin
  • Back again, this time i brought Toriel, the most favorite "Goat Mom" (AKA Goat Milf) of the internet. I made her thinking about this request. I also noticed that many people preffers to use substance painter for texturing, probably ill start using it too, maybe its easier than blender and allows me to make even more detailed skins

U can reshape her any way u want, but i highly recomend u not flatting her too much, her dress lines can get way too thin and looks kinda odd but its not my fault, i could only use charlottes default shape while i was texturing (theres more previews inside the download file)

Download: Toriel
  • edited March 2018
    Looks amazing! <3
  • Thanks for doing this one! I really fucked up this skin when i tried to make it, and I am happy that someone made a better version!
  • @Myname thx, but u didnt needed to remove urs from that thread, i also have it in my skin list :D
  • @Berk_Rider
    I love it! Thanks :)
  • These are awesome skins, which is incredible considering they're your first 3! Is there any chance you could make a version of the Judy Hopps skin with the crotch covered, even if it does look super weird? If not then that's fine, I love it anyways!
  • @freenuts_xd aint hard to do, i ll try to upload it next time i release something ;)
  • @freenuts_xd done, i made judy hopps with unzipped pants, same link ;)
  • looks great, good job!
  • Next up is Garurumon from the first generation of Digimon, i made it having this request as inspiration (though the autor asked for a Weregarurumon, but making hes outfit knowing yiffalicious uses mirrored skins is kinda complicate)

Thats my first attempt using substance painter, since its way easier to use and has more tools than blender i could make some parts more detailed, i wish i could have done more but im still getting the hang of it (theres more previews inside the download folder)

Download: Garurumon