Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some suggestions and requests

-Snapshot duration based on driver depth. I have been having trouble timing snapshots to work well with different penetration depths, so it would be nice if I could just switch from time to depth and could also paste the desired value from the thrusting menu.

-While sliders are functional, being able to specify an exact value would be better.

-When moving limbs, an option to "press against" with hands or feet to rotate them and then move them towards a specified point so that it gets placed evenly against it. Bottom of the feet and on palms there would be 4 points attached, when a point is specified on a surface like a wall, the selected limb will first rotate so that all 4 points on it have an equal distance to the surface, then the limb will be moved until that distance is 0.

-An option to rotate a character's head without the rest of the body outside the expression or seperate Pitch/Yaw/Roll sliders.

-Advanced parenting that lets the user choose what values get parented, say you want to let a limb rotate freely but keep the same relative position.

-Symmetrical posing. Currently I can do it somewhat by parenting one leg to another and moving one of them but it only works properly in two directions and selecting one of the limbs again can cause it to move a bit.

-I wish there was an option to completely freeze the characters while editing to prevent certain body parts from "spazzing" out, like when one character's arm is parented to another one's shoulder and other character's hand is parented to the elbow of the same arm that is parented to the shoulder. The current workaround is to unparent both limbs.

-Ability to parent objects to characters, so that I could make the rhino hold weights in his teeth and have it move with the head for example.
-Some expressions (like eyes closed 1,2,3...) overlap causing the affected part to look too stretched out. Make the values of such expressions equal out based on the relative values, so that when two similar ones are maxed out the outcome would be an expression in between, but if one value is less than another, the expression will look more than that other. If eyes closed weight is always maxed, blink expression would do nothing.

-A changelog that shows recent actions for selective undoing would be nice during editing.

-An eye focus point that the user can create in the "looking" tab that the character will look at, which can be moved around and attached to other objects would be nice. A slider could be used to specify whether or not the character looks at it during an expression and maybe an ability to make multiple focus points would help too.

-Add a wink expression and a nod expression.

-Let inflation values be tied to snapshots.
-Let inflation values be able to go below the default values.

-Ability to take multiple screenshots for use on a slideshow that displays when someone mouses over your interaction would look nice for conveying a better idea of the interaction.

-A speed slider for the overall speed of everything in a snapshot would be nice to have for those slow motion finishing snapshots, maybe with some customizable motion blur too.

-Add light emitting objects and an option to have sharper shadows too.
-More anti aliasing options would be great.

The "Driver usage" tool tip is missing an apostrophe in "driver's".

-Make the post editing box on the forums a bit taller please.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 2:00AM
    jagarexius said: Snapshot duration based on driver depth

Ah, basically make the transition at a specific point in the thrusting curve? That's a pretty cool idea actually.

jagarexius said: being able to specify an exact value would be better.

That could be done.

jagarexius said: an option to "press against" with hands or feet

I've actually thought of something like this, but it's quite advanced. The physical world in the simulation and the visual one are two separate things, so it's not easy.

jagarexius said: -An option to rotate a character's head

We want to add "look at" functionality, where you can cause the character too look at a specific point.

jagarexius said: -Advanced parenting that lets the user choose what values get parented

That could be done.

jagarexius said: Ability to parent objects to characters, so that I could make the rhino hold weights in his teeth and have it move with the head for example.

I've been wanting to do that. Right now, the whole parenting mechanism is not part of the parent class, just the character anchor subclass. In retrospect, that was poor. I want to refactor this so you could parent other anchors to eachother.

jagarexius said: -Some expressions (like eyes closed 1,2,3...) overlap causing the affected part to look too stretched out. Make the values of such expressions equal out based on the relative values, so that when two similar ones are maxed out the outcome would be an expression in between, but if one value is less than another, the expression will look more than that other. If eyes closed weight is always maxed, blink expression would do nothing.

I see your point, and it could be done.

jagarexius said: -Symmetrical posing.

It's on our roadmap.
    jagarexius said: -I wish there was an option to completely freeze the characters while editing to prevent certain body parts from "spazzing" out

The thing is, in IK it's invalid to have a circular dependency. I'm trying to figure out a way to circumvent it. 

jagarexius said: A changelog

That could be done.

jagarexius said: -Add a wink expression and a nod expression.

A wink could be added. How does nod differ from head rotation?

jagarexius said: -Let inflation values be tied to snapshots.

Inflation values are explicitly defined as not being part of snapshots, because if they'd be, then inflation would for example reset if you choose an earlier snapshot.

jagarexius said: -Ability to take multiple screenshots for use on a slideshow that displays when someone mouses over your interaction would look nice for conveying a better idea of the interaction.

That's actually a pretty cool idea.

jagarexius said: A speed slider for the overall speed of everything in a snapshot would be nice to have for those slow motion finishing snapshots, maybe with some customizable motion blur too.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. "Overall speed of everything"?

jagarexius said: -Add light emitting objects and an option to have sharper shadows too.

I've thought of adding light props with spotlights.

jagarexius said: -More anti aliasing options would be great.

Tell me about it. :/

Hopefully, temporal AA will probably happen sooner or later in Unity.

jagarexius said: The "Driver usage" tool tip is missing an apostrophe in "driver's".

Thanks for pointing that out.

jagarexius said: -Make the post editing box on the forums a bit taller please.

I'll look into it.
  • edited October 2015
    Yeah now that I think about it, nodding can easily be done with existing expressions.
    By overall speed of everything I mean the speed of physics and character movement, that would let people specify when there is a slow motion effect.

Also had another idea: snapshot group tagging that would allow expressions to be edited for a selected group. Right now you can only edit one by one or all at the same time.

For the "depth" and "distance" sliders, how about combine them both into a slider that has a movable start and end point?

Also for some reason, the forums showed that this thread had one reply even when it had none.