Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Khana not displaying correctly

edited 9:37PM in Issues
So I downloaded the latest patreon build from the link sent last night, and came upon an unfortunate issue, namely this: http://imgur.com/CyxPRqG

I added Elaine into the picture just to show that my computer does render her normally, but that thing on the right is supposed to be Khana apparently.

I tried doing a fresh download and fresh install just a moment ago(when I did this screen capture), but it did not solve the issue.

So, are there any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2015
    Confirmed bug. The tessellation is used for her regardless of the tessellation setting, so if your hardware doesn't support that it won't work. We'll make a new patch release today or tomorrow.

• edited 9:37PM
    oh thank goodness it was just a bug. For a minute there I was afraid my toaster rig could not run the new characters. Thanks for the swift response.
    I'm not sure if this'll work for everyone, but you can get Khana to load by going to the spa first, then spawn her. After she spawns in the spa area, she should work in the other stages too.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:37PM
    Or you can just download the latest patch release. ;)
    I'm having the crash issue with the 0.4.0b patch ATM too, so I use 0.4.0 till next update.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2015
    Well shit. That seems to be a thing. Did you try the crashtest?

Let me know if this is crashing on your comp.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2015
    Like I really need to figure out what's causing this or the issue will persist. So it would be awesome if you could give me log files. :)
    The crash test works fine for me.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Ok, I tried running 0.4.0b on an old computer. The good news is that I managed to reproduce the issue. I also managed to fix it by reverting back to older shaders, so it was indeed a shader error. But the really weird and annoying thing is that the crashtest is using exactly the same shaders as 0.4.0b, and yet they work there but not in 0.4.0b. That's driving me mad.

Issues like this are so frustrating.
    If I may ask who is this khana?
    Sorry for just popping :p
    DragonDred said: If I may ask who is this khana?

A female furry character (an antelope) created and commissioned by Sehfir (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/sehfir/).
    Source: http://www.yiffalicious.com/notes/0.4.0
  • odesodes Administrator
    FYI, we will roll out a new patch release (0.4.0c)  sometime tomorrow that fixes the crashing issue.

I can gladly confirm that with the new build that was sent out last night, this is no longer a problem. Would you prefer if I still tried out the crashtest thing above and see what happens?
  • odesodes Administrator
    No that's not necessary, but thanks anyway! :)