Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

0.4.0b constant crashes

edited October 2015 in Issues
so, good news is that with the new release, khana displays properly, and she is quite something.

Unfortunately, it seems that something has made this new version incredibly unstable, to the point of not being able to function properly:

If I have a female of screen, and try to add in a male character, the game crashes before the attaching to entrances menu shows up.
If I try to open up any of my previously made interactions, the game crashes.
If I try to load up a cloud interaction on the same level as I am now, the game crashes.
If I try to load up a cloud interaction on a different level than I am on now, the level loads up, the game locks up, and shuts down if I try and do anything.

I'd research more on what actions can trigger these crashes, but at this moment do not have the time to do so. I will post more info on... probably sunday or monday.

EDIT: so, minor update. It seems that adding any male to the interaction is causing an immediate crash.

Comments

• edited 3:15PM
    Also, I just double checked with build 0.4.0 and had no issues besides khana not rendering. It seems something that changed with the male properties between 0.4.0 and 0.4.0b is causing the crash.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2015
    Hm, I'm unable to reproduce this issue in both 32 and 64 bit versions. What version are you using?

If you just add a male before adding a female, does that make any difference?

Does this happen in all levels?
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 3:15PM
    The only thing that has changed between 0.4.0 and 0.4.0b in regards to the males is the shader used to draw their sex organs. It's weird if that's what's causing the crashing. If a shader fails, it should just fail to render - not completely crash the whole thing. (Well, it should never actually really crash regardless...)
  • odesodes Administrator
    Can you move the entire Yiffalicious folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Yiffalicious) to your desktop, and cause the crash again?

Now, there should be a log-file (output_log.txt) in yiffalicious_Data. Please send this to us.
  • edited 3:15PM
    I'm currently away on a trip, but I will see about whether I can produce this log-file once I get home. Do you have any dedicated e-mail address or channel through which I can send the log should it be successfully be generated?
  • odesodes Administrator
    info at yiffalicious com
  • odesodes Administrator
    Can you try this test?

It contains the old and the new shader.