Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Head to body proportion / Later-phase model overhaul

edited October 2015 in Suggestions
Disclaimer: I don't mean any harm to anyone or anything with this post as well as this discussion.

I've recently re-noticed - thanks to some other people - that many of the characters have relatively small heads when compared to the rest of the body. It's not really noticeable on the current males (the horse a tiny bit more than the rhino) but it is on the females - most visibly the giraffe. Was it intentional or are you going to be changing this later during the development? Either way, I think it would be a good idea to overhaul the older models eventually. Improvement is clearly visible already when comparing the female bunny to - for example - Elaine and it's going to get even more visible over time.

... I'm writing this now because the upcoming male wolf also seems to have this problem (horse level - not too much but still visible if one looks for it) though it may just be the angle of the picture. Could you please take a look at it? ^-^

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Nevermind the last paragraph. The wolf seems to be fine. I haven't seen the newest update at that point. Sorry. :(
  • edited October 2015
    I think this is totally intentional, giraffe have small head in fact, but this is how she was designed and made. Personally I love every inch of her and i would not appreciate any change in her model, (mayyyybe coloring her insides to flesh colour instead of her yellowish fur colour). Anyway real giraffes seems to have proportionally smaller heads to rest of their massive bodies. Just take a look on google images. We should wait for Yiffa-crew's answer, but that's how it seems to me.
  • edited October 2015
    That's why I asked if it was intentional. However, the bunny, Elaine and Khana also have relatively small heads. It's kinda strange because the males are almost perfectly fine in this regard. The other thing is that Khana and Elaine are a lot more detailed (model-wise and texture-wise) than the other female characters. For instance: Look at the bunny's neck and then compare it to the neck of Elaine. Quite the difference, don't you think?

But to be honest, the largest reason why I made this post is because I saw a sideways preview of the male wolf and the perspective made me think that his head was way too small. However, I've seen the character from behind now and the head (maybe outside the eyes which are somewhat too low) is alright - like the other males. That almost makes this thread pointless - hence the "sorry". The question of overhauling the older models is definitely not for now. It's for when plenty more features and characters have already been implemented.