Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some More Suggestions By Me

1. Add ball inflation to Horse.  

2. Scale down the toilets in the beach house.  I find it absolutely hilarious and ridiculous that when I even prop the Rhino sitting on them his feet can't touch the floor w/o phasing into the toilet.

3.  Add more negative/angry expressions to Bunny.  I get she's the happy looking character, but all I'm trying to say is she's a little shallow in expressions IMO.

4.  On that note, can you please make the brow expressions on Elaine a little more noticeable?  It seems I can only tell when they're in effect when I'm zoomed in on her face really close.

5.  More natural body positioning.  They feel a little stiff to me when I try to make the positions look natural.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 8:13AM
    lovalicious said: 1. Add ball inflation to Horse.  

I hear you.
    lovalicious said: 2. Scale down the toilets in the beach house.  I find it absolutely hilarious and ridiculous that when I even prop the Rhino sitting on them his feet can't touch the floor w/o phasing into the toilet.

We might do that, but it will mess up existing interactions. Ocean house was a bit rushed in general. :/
    lovalicious said: 3.  Add more negative/angry expressions to Bunny.  I get she's the happy looking character, but all I'm trying to say is she's a little shallow in expressions IMO.
    lovalicious said: 4.  On that note, can you please make the brow expressions on Elaine a little more noticeable?  It seems I can only tell when they're in effect when I'm zoomed in on her face really close.

I'll discuss these with dogson.

lovalicious said: 5.  More natural body positioning.  They feel a little stiff to me when I try to make the positions look natural.

I'm not 100% what you mean. Can you elaborate?
  • edited 8:13AM
    @Odes Bear with me on this, it might be a little difficult for me to word:

What I meant by "more natural body positioning", I meant that the models' bodies don't behave realistically.  For example: say you want to have the model raise its arm above its head.  The shoulder will literally twist around, and it just doesn't look natural or appealing.  
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 8:13AM
    lovalicious said: What I meant by "more natural body positioning", I meant that the models' bodies don't behave realistically.  For example: say you want to have the model raise its arm above its head.  The shoulder will literally twist around, and it just doesn't look natural or appealing.  

Unfortunately this is very hard to combat in a dynamic way. Most games either disallow such movement or have predefined animations where corrective shapes are inserted [for that one specific animation]. In a dynamic app such as this, it's not as easy to do. There are some modern techniques to reduce these undesired effects, but they're not available in Unity.

Please vote for this:
  • edited 8:13AM
    @Odes I had a feeling that might've been the case.  I guess I was just knit-picking too hard.