Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUILD 0.4.3rc Missing Executable

I just downloaded version 0.4.3rc with the extra wolf character skins, and it works fine when telling the program to launch from the installer. But if I try to do run the program without it, nothing happens. There's no .exe file to be found. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and deleted all prior Yiffalicious data to make sure there wasn't a conflict between the older and new versions. But none of that is working. What gives?

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 1:11PM
    That makes no sense. The file should be located in:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Yiffalicious"

What version? 64 or 32?
  • 64 bit. Trust me I find it equally confusing, but there's no .exe file visible at all. I even checked hidden files just in case. Take a look at this screenshot.
  • odesodes Administrator
    That's so weird. If you run the installer again, and then the app, can you check if the app is there in that folder (when it's working)?
  • There's absolutely no change. Here's another screenshot, just so you can understand how weird this is. Note the Yiffallicious window in the back and icon on the tray while the file is STILL missing.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Are you running the installer sandboxed or virtualized?
  • Sorry, I have no idea. I just opened, clicked, and let it do it's thing. I'm not aware of whatever those settings are.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Sorry to trouble you, but can you please try and do this:

1. Run the installer and let it launch the app.

2. In the task bar, please right click the Yiffalicious icon of the running app, and then right click the app icon and select properties:

3. In the new dialog, select "Open file location":

Where is this file?
  • edited 1:11PM
    Oh i have had that same problem about 2 weeks back.
    Happened after i restored my computer.
    Fixed it by putting in on another drive, and I haven't had another issue.
  • Ah, I found it. It was in this string: C:\Users\(my username)\Downloads\%appdata%\yiffalicious\app\Yiffalicious. No idea how it found it's way in there. At least now I don't have to run the installer every time I want to boot up!
  • odesodes Administrator
    That's so weird. The installer shouldn't just change paths randomly. Not sure what could've caused this.

Glad it got sorted.
  • edited January 2016
    That's a detail i've noticed when i downloaded the build 0.4.4. & run the setup. It told me that weird direction where the app gonna be installed: "C:\Users\(my username)\Downloads\%appdata%\yiffalicious\app\Yiffalicious". But, thinking that is just a little change in this update, i just stop a little to read the instalation and then, modify the instal directory redirecting to "my documents". Thats all :).   Sometimes is very important to read where our apps are gonna be installed...

greetings