Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questionable Question (Porting character models to Gmod)

Just a questionable question, but I was wondering if, hypothetically, someone were to port the Yiffalicious character models over to Garry's Mod to become ragdolls, NPCs, or even player models, is that going against the rules?

Comments

• In the http://www.yiffalicious.com/download character section is clearly stated that:

You may NOT:
    1. Sell provided assets.
    2. Redistribute provided assets.
    3. Use or modify provided assets for purposes other than creating custom skins for Yiffalicious.
    4. Sell custom skins.
    Of course, you can hypothetically ask @odes directly.
  • I have a feeling the answer is no because of that, but I'm hoping I could be persuasive, I'm well known for looking very pathetic.

But given that YL1 has been sorta abandoned for YL2, I'm hoping for a slight exemption. Not to mention that Gmod is a hell of a game, and it would be awesome to actually play as and with these lovely characters in the extended world of Garry's Mod.
  • I think I've seen some SFM materials with ported Cat, Ilinir and Faenrir. 
  • really? ive seen players on vrchat with a fox skin.... .3.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Is it against the rules? Yes.
    Would we do anything to stop it? Unlikely.

Generally speaking, as long as you give proper credit, we don't really mind.
  • All-righty then. I won't post the characters anywhere but here. ...well, at least I'll keep them to the forums. I doubt I could get away with putting the characters on the workshop anyway. All I wanted was some permission. A bit bittersweet, but I'll take it. :3

It's been a while since I've done anything with the Source engine, so I'm very rusty. Not to mention it's Christmas(!), so it'll be a good while before I port the characters. I probably won't do everyone all at once, but we'll see.

All I really need to get started is the canonical height of everyone. Or at the lest the height of one of the furs, and I can figure out from there.
  • Oh, and Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!