Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oyster the Otter

Phew boi, this one took me over 4 hours to make. Had a bit of a setback when it stopped saving correctly after 2 hours of work so I lost a full one. However I'm very happy with how it turned out!

All in all the editor is very powerful and not *too* complicated once you get the hang of things. However the one big complain I have is how texturing is done with masks. I would love for a brush tool of some sorts since doing things like black lips and complex shapes is just extremely time consuming shaping it all out of capsule gradients to get lines. 

Other than that having some more pre-included models for hair, ears and tails would be a nice addition since I currently made this hair out of claw models hah, also tail posing for longer tails :p. It just sticks out straight here.

Oyster belongs to SL1 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/sl1/ felt like trying their character since it had a good balance of colors and shapes to learn the software with. 

Comments

• Wow this is epic. 
  • DogsonDogson Administrator
    Note to self: Do a proper Otter head.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Haha, not bad!

About painting lips - yeah, I can see using procedural masks for this is a pain. We might add a painting tool at some point, but for the moment, keep in mind that you can always import custom masks (i.e. textures)!

We should probably do a tutorial on that.