Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pose and Materials Library

Throughout this last week, I've been making a few characters in YL2, and seeing what we could do in it already. And so far, so good, I've been really enjoying it, and most of the bugs I've found have already been discussed by other people.

But there are two main things that I've been kept wanting this week, a pose and a materials library.

The pose library will be specially helpfull when animation comes in. And for that, I'd love to see a pose lib more or less like the one found in Blender, where I can save/rewrite poses, and apply them to individual bones, mirrored or not, and all else.

And as for the materials library, I believe it'll greatly improve the workflow when making the characters, since we'll make materials like, "gold", "skin", "inner parts", and all of that, and just apply them to the Texture Builder Layers. That way we wouldn't have to search through or other layers to see and replicate it's properties.

And with it, another suggestion is to be able to change an existing color by double-clicking it when selecting a ColorIndex, without having to go to the CharacterBuilder menu to change it.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    These are good ideas.

About the color index - you can do that already by right clicking the color when accessing it through a proxy (like a fill layer for example).
  • @odes ;oh! I'm such a dumbass, lmao. Thanks for the tip!