Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the fluff

I've got a bunch of questions/issues about fluff, so here goes:
  1. When adding new fluff, they inherit property values from the last instance on the list, right?
  2. Tilt value isn't inherited when adding fluff. Should it? May it be the problem with float conversion?
  3. Wider fluff can visibly 'float' over the skin's surface, and it's more visible on curvy parts of the body. There is a SurfaceOffset parameter for fluff, but: a) it's not available as sculpt, and b) manually tweaking instance properties does not update the fluff appearance automatically, and has to be refreshed by workarounds, like toggling ScaleWithSource.

Could you add SurfaceOffset to the TargetProperty list? Will it be possible in the future to tweak individual fluffs through the instance properties and have its appearance update automatically?
  4. Some individual fluffs refuse to retain their position when saving the character. Upon loading, their tilt and angle might be different. So far, I haven't been able to find a pattern to this behaviour. I'll create a full report when I'll be able to reproduce it reliably.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited February 2020
    1. Yes.
    2. Thanks for pointing that out. This is a bug which has now been fixed.
    3a. Surface offset is now possible to tweak in sculpt tools (for the patch build).
    3b. Wow, that list isn't even supposed to be visible. You're only meant to sculpt properties. So that's a bug.
    4. That would be very helpful, thank you!