Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game crashes after loading bar hits 10%

edited 11:39PM in Issues
Just downloaded and installed the game for the very first time and was excited to play it but as soon the the black screen with the blue loading bar shows up and the bar reaches 10% the game crashes. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• edited 11:39PM
    We can better help you if you give us some more details, like if you get (or not) an error message, and thechnical details like Windows version, CPU, memory, graphics card, etc.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 11:39PM
    Try using the zip version. Extract it somewhere in your user directory path, for example your desktop.

Once you run the App and it crashes, go into the yiffalicious_Data folder and grab the log file. Please share this file with me.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    CPU: Intel Pentium E5200 @ 2.50GHz Wolfdale 45nm Technology
    RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)
    Graphics
        HP w1907 (1440x900@60Hz)
        Intel Q33 Express Chipset Family (HP)

• odesodes Administrator
    edited January 2016
    Yiffalicious probably cannot run on such hardware. That GPU only supports DX9, which is 14 years old tech. You need a newer graphics card (preferably a dedicated one and not any of intel's poor excuse of graphics processor). A newer CPU is recommended too, but yours might work.
    Well which version of direct x is needed? Also as far as video cards go what would you recommend?
    Did what you suggested here is the log file
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the log-file.

DX10 suffices but DX11 is recommended so you can make use of hardware accelerated tessellation.

As for card - it greatly depends on your budget. Any new card GeForce or Radeon card you get will support DX11. Obviously a more expensive card will yield better framerates and the ability to run at higher settings. It's up to you really.

I myself recommend GeForce over Radeon, but it's up to you.
    After finally figuring out how to Determine what DirectX* Version my chip set is running I learned that it is infact running direct x 11.0
    And the recommended setup calls for a processor of 2.5 GHz mine is 2.8 GHz

• odesodes Administrator
    What version of directx you have installed and what version your hardware physically supports are two different things.

Your hardware is too old and does not support directx 11. That's all there is.
  • odesodes Administrator
    And even if it did, gpu memory is far too insufficient.