Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patron 0.5.0 Release - Issues

edited 8:36AM in Issues

Here are a few things that I found. I understand some of these have been mentioned already.

• Vertical Sync may have been disabled again. Can there be an in-game option to enable this?
  • Some textures in the Bar level are now missing. Replaced with pure black.
  • I love the Fur Shader, but I believe it messes with Realtime Reflections. There is some sort of white aura that forms around him that is unsightly. To see a good example of this, place the wolf on top of the diving board in the new level. Move the camera around and check out a few of the textures behind him.
  • A lot of weird things start to happen when you add more than 4 characters. Joints get assigned to the wrong entity, according to the UI. In addition, a lot of the UI buttons stop functioning.

I have to say though... Great job on the new level, Fur Shader, sound, horse additions, and smoother animations!

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 8:36AM
    Zanarck789 said: Vertical Sync may have been disabled again. Can there be an in-game option to enable this?
    I think VSync is on, but the new AA method can cause ghosting. Try disabling it.

Zanarck789 said: Some textures in the Bar level are now missing. Replaced with pure black.
    If you're referring to the tables etc, it's because of the faulty dynamic lighting as described in the release notes.

Zanarck789 said: I love the Fur Shader, but I believe it messes with Realtime Reflections. There is some sort of white aura that forms around him that is unsightly. To see a good example of this, place the wolf on top of the diving board in the new level. Move the camera around and check out a few of the textures behind him.
    Noted, we'll have a look at this.

Zanarck789 said: A lot of weird things start to happen when you add more than 4 characters.
    Yes there is an issue with this that has been fixed for the next build.

Zanarck789 said: I have to say though... Great job on the new level, Fur Shader, sound, horse additions, and smoother animations!
    Thanks, means a lot to hear that. :)

How noticeable are the new smoother animations? We thought it was quite a substantial difference yet you're the first to point this out!
  • edited 8:36AM
    odes said: How noticeable are the new smoother animations?
    There were two types of jittery animations that I noticed in previous releases.

One type was caused by Resistance in/out. I believe this one was completely fixed. My Zanarck_2 animation is very smooth now when the cum animation starts... and this animation only uses the Resistance in/out sliders, and completely ignores the Speed slider.

The second type is caused by changing the Speed and Phase sliders between snapshots. During the brief period of transitioning between snapshots, the animation will go faster than normal, since the Speed and Phase sliders are constantly changing. On a rare occasion, there will be a hiccup and a portion of the animation will be completely skipped. It will eventually settle down once the sliders stop changing, though.

I feel like the second type still exists, but is not as drastic as it used to be. I feel more comfortable changing the Speed and Phase sliders between snapshots in my animations now.