Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

imported clothing missing faces.

edited April 2021 in Issues
Hey there,

I'm not sure if this a game issue or just something I am doing wrong. But the clothing I'm importing from blender is missing faces. I have checked that the normals are correct and checked for inverted faces within blender but nothing seems to be wrong until I import into FVNE. I went back through my workflow to see how early the problem occurs and its just here in the simple mesh, where it removes the entire top faces of the mesh. In the editor I can see the faces are partially rendered and being dithered out. It keeps happening to my meshes, so any thoughts on whether this is FVNE or my terrible modelling?

https://imgur.com/a/nXCoMea

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Comments

• I don't know, maybe phong tessellation? This creates very interesting results in low poly meshes. Then again the model itself does not look inflated. Do you have your modifiers applied? That may cause some issues.

More on phong tessellation.
    http://forum.yiffalicious.com/discussion/2902/import-objects-weird-behavior#latest
  • I have applied or removed the modifiers when exporting to prevent getting any those issues. The mesh in the example has no modifiers applied to it but I have been using, Mirror, subdivide and solidify before exporting the high poly results.
  • If modifiers are applied or removed then they should not be a problem. Then again I have experienced that the modifiers should be applied in order so they don't conflict with each other. 

Truth be told, those are my only guesses. I hope there is someone more knowledgeable than me.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Does all the faces have a proper UV face? Otherwise they will not render properly (since the generated maps will not be proper).
  • I haven't been doing any texture work so I haven't been looking at the UVs, that looks like it was the problem. Theyre overlapping on all of the are not rendering.

Thanks for the help Odes!