Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Help] Anyone know why some fluff or fur dont get covered sometimes?

Anyone know why fluff or fur dont get covered sometimes?
Kind of annoying, but I think im just not used to the tools still...

Basically this

In case of his stomach, its a case of both fluff and fur dont get covered. Anything I can do to fix this?

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited May 2021
    It's a bug.

Can you share this character with me?
  • odesodes Administrator
    Really would like to solve this before the next build, and this is the only thing missing from it. So it would be great if you could share this character file with me ...
  • @Odes Sent it to you (email). Sorry for the slow response, if it was slow... Cant tell ;)

Good luck on fixing it if its a bug.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Thanks for sharing that character.

I've found and rectified some bugs.

I've also added a mask option to cover, so you can force remove fur/appendages in certain areas for the cloth.

I need to go through the code because A LOT of stuff has changed (since before), but hopefully a new release soon.
  • @odes Awesome! and Thank you very much, I hope this was not too much of a distraction. And i will be trying my best to find any new bugs.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Not at all! It's good that these things are brought to the light.

A thing to note is that the fur authoring affects the cover map, and the cover map is used by appendages too. Appendage authoring however does not affect fur map - they simly just use the map from the fur authoring. So if the direction of the fur authoring doesn't line up with appendages, then appendages might appear to stick out in certain areas. That's why I introduced the removal mask so you can tweak those areas manually.

The case with your character is significantly better after this build but still not perfect everywhere.