Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User-defined ambiance / sound timeline

edited 4:24PM in Suggestions
Well, it's obvious to me that the engine is working on sound, since there isn't much right now and it has volume options for voices (which don't exist atm.)

I can see on the Roadmap that the team's working on ambient sounds for each level, however, I have a slightly different suggestion: The user should be able to select all arbitrary sound such as ambience and map it to a timeline.

For instance, I've created a scene where Giraffe screws Horse in one of the bar's bathroom stalls, which would benefit from the muffled sounds of bar / diner activity in the background while other scenes in the same level might prefer a quieter or entirely empty diner.

Typical "constant ambiance" such as the water at the beach house would be defined with 4 values:
  • Time: 0
  • Loop: Infinite
  • Persists across snapshots: True
  • [Arbitrary volume]
A timeline system would also allow users fine control over raunchy sex sounds and character vocalizations, in addition to any other more automated systems that trigger sound such as the existing in / slap / out driver.

Thanks for reading!