Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better way to handle bodies?

edited 8:31PM in Suggestions
I have done some game development on my own time, so I kinda know just a small amount about this, but wouldnt it be feasible(Barely) to do dynamic bodies? Like you chould chose the animal and body style and it would dynamically change the paws and head using stitching?

I am PRETTY sure unity can stitch, but I may be wrong.

If not maybe do swaps manually until you find a more automated solution?

Comments

• edited 8:31PM
    And for a suggestion on the technical side, also referring to the sliders on the body properties suggestion.

I am almost sure you can use CombineMeshes to do what I am trying to get across. 

You could swap out the paws/digis, and have a skeleton for each body type then use CombineMeshes to create a single mesh after doing character creation
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited April 2016
    In our development we have opted NOT to go for generic characters / character editor. Instead, each character is uniquely sculpted and developed. This offers more freedom for the artist.

We are looking to automate more of our character development process, and in time open it up to the public, so non-official characters can be imported into the game. When this becomes possible, we're hoping 3rd party artists will help satisfy the demand for diversity in the character selection. And when doing so they will be relatively free in their work, as our character development process allows for unique characters (as explained above).

In the end we think this is the best and most interesting choice for users as well. Generic characters tend to get old pretty fast, where it is obvious that each characters is just a copy-paste of the other albeit some smaller differences. By allowing truly unique characters, we think the experience will be better and more fun for everyone involved - artists and users alike.
    Well, I would love to see a "small" feature such as scaling the size of the Characters. Just +/- 20% or so. That would expand the longlivity of generic characters.
    I for one second the size-o-meter, and I think things like a giant jiggly ass or tits should be at control of the users, because the same principal applies to the cat, where I can give her a massive tits and ass, but I cant remove it from, say, the bunny