Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Android VR support?

edited 3:21AM in Suggestions
My apologies if this has been brought up in the past.  I wasn't able to find anything discussing it.

After Yiffalicious with VR support is stable and polished, has there been any discussion as to possibly releasing on the Android platform?  The new flagship devices based on the Snapdragon 820 are powerful enough to render games with graphical quality similar to Yiffalicious (although probably with a lower poly count).  My understanding is, since the game is made with Unity, porting to android should (?) be possible although there would probably have to be some graphical sacrifices.

This would be a pretty killer adult app for the Gear VR and/or Google Cardboard, although it would be a sizable undertaking.

Comments

• edited 3:21AM
    They are currently not planning on releasing the game on mobile but there is a way you can do it with Cardboard. There is an app called TrinusVR that streams from your computer to your phone, the phone's movement is sent as mouse movement so if you hold the RB you will be able to look around. It also does fake 3D and rolling so it feels better then just a default streaming. It isn't perfect though and probably won't give you HD and a high frame rate but you should look into it for the time being. Also the reason they probably won't port it to mobile is a lot of shaders have to be changed and the file system would have to be redone for a mobile port so chances if they do it it will be a long way off. Maybe they could cheat by not doing the editor and just have it play the scenes but it would probably be it's own cycle.
  • edited 3:21AM
    I see this in only in the far future. Like, past a build 3.x.x